This set of Compilers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Storage Allocation – 2”.
1. Suppose that a bus has 16 data lines and requires 4 cycles of 250 nests each to transfer data. The bandwidth of this bus would be 2 Megabytes/sec. If the cycle time of the bus was reduced to 125 nsecs and the number of cycles required for transfer stayed the same what would the bandwidth of the bus?
a) 1 Megabyte/sec
b) 4 Megabytes/sec
c) 8 Megabytes/sec
d) 2 Megabytes/sec
Explanation: The bandwidth is 2 mb/s.
2. Floating point representation is used to store ______
a) Boolean values
b) Whole numbers
c) Real integers
Explanation: They are real Integers.
3. SIMD represents an organization that ______________
a) Refers to a computer system capable of processing several programs at the same time
b) Represents organization of single computer containing a control unit, processor unit and a memory unit
c) Includes many processing units under the supervision of a common control unit
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: SIMD includes processing units under the super vision of a common control.
4. In Reverse Polish notation, expression A*B+C*D is written as
Explanation: RPN is AB*CD*+.
5. _________ register keeps tracks of the instructions stored in program stored in memory.
a) AR (Address Register)
b) XR (Index Register)
c) PC (Program Counter)
d) AC (Accumulator)
Explanation: program counter keeps a track.
6. A three input NOR gate gives logic high output only when_____
a) One input is high
b) One input is low
c) Two input are low
d) All input are high
Explanation: All inputs are high.
7. The circuit converting binary data in to decimal is_____
d) Code converter
Explanation: It is the code converter.
8. The multiplicand register & multiplier register of a hardware circuit implementing booth’s algorithm have (11101) & (1100). The result shall be ______
Explanation: On multiplying we get 81210.
9. PSW is saved in stack when there is a _____
a) Interrupt recognized
b) Execution of RST instruction
c) Execution of CALL instruction
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: It can be interrupted.
10. In computers, subtraction is carried out generally by____
a) 1’s complement method
b) 2’s complement method
c) signed magnitude method
d) BCD subtraction method
Explanation: Subtraction done by 2’s complement.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Compilers.
To practice all areas of Compilers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.