This set of Compilers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on ” Symbol Table Organization – 1″.
1. The main memory in a Personal Computer (PC) is made of_____
a) Cache memory
b) Static RAM
c) Dynamic Ram
d) Both of the mentioned
Explanation: It is made up of cache memory and RAM.
2. Cache memory works on the principle of_____
a) Locality of data .
b) Locality of memory
c) Locality of reference
d) Locality of reference & memory
Explanation: Cache works on Locality of reference.
3. An n-bit microprocessor has_____
a) n-bit program counter
b) n-bit address register
c) n-bit ALU
d) n-bit instruction register
Explanation: N bit microprocessor has bit instruction register.
4. When CPU is executing a Program that is part of the Operating System, it is said to be in _____
a) Interrupt mode
b) System mode
c) Half mode
d) Simplex mode
Explanation: It is in System Mode.
5. Logic X-OR operation of (4ACO) H & (B53F) H results _____
Explanation: Xoring the two operands we get FFFF.
6. If the main memory is of 8K bytes and the cache memory is of 2K words. It uses associative mapping. Then each word of cache memory shall be_____
a) 11 bits
b) 21 bits
c) 16 bits
d) 20 bits
Explanation: Each should be 8*2=16 bits.
7. A Stack-organised Computer uses instruction of _____
a) Indirect addressing
c) Zero addressing
d) Index addressing
Explanation: Zero addressing modes are used in stack organised computer.
8. In a program using subroutine call instruction, it is necessary______
a) Initialize program counter
b) Clear the accumulator
c) Reset the microprocessor
d) Clear the instruction register
Explanation: It is mandatory to clear the instruction register.
9. Virtual memory consists of _______
a) Static RAM
b) Dynamic RAM
c) Magnetic memory
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: It does consist of static RAM.
10. In signed-magnitude binary division, if the dividend is (11100)2 and divisor is (10011)2 then the result is ______
Explanation: After division we get 20 which is 10100.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Compilers.
To practice all areas of Compilers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.