This set of Compilers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Runtime Storage Location – 2”.
1. The instruction ‘ORG O’ is a ______
a) Machine Instruction
b) Pseudo instruction
c) High level instruction
d) Memory instruction
Explanation: It is a pseudo instruction.
2. ‘Aging registers’ are _______
a) Counters which indicate how long ago their associated pages have been Referenced
b) Registers which keep track of when the program was last accessed
c) Counters to keep track of last accessed instruction
d) Counters to keep track of the latest data structures referred
Explanation: This is known as aging.
3. Memory unit accessed by content is called ______
a) Read only memory
b) Programmable Memory
c) Virtual Memory
d) Associative Memory
Explanation: Associative Emory is accessed by content.
4. _________ register keeps tracks of the instructions stored in program stored in memory.
a) AR (Address Register)
b) XR (Index Register)
c) PC (Program Counter)
d) AC (Accumulator)
Explanation: Program counter keeps a track.
5. N bits in operation code imply that there are ___________ possible distinct Operators.
Explanation: 2n possible combinations.
6. A three input NOR gate gives logic high output only when _____________
a) One input is high
b) One input is low
c) Two input are low
d) All input are high
Explanation: All inputs are high.
7. The circuit converting binary data in to decimal is_____
d) Code converter
Explanation: It is the code converter.
8. The multiplicand register & multiplier register of a hardware circuit implementing booth’s algorithm have (11101) & (1100). The result shall be ______
Explanation: On multiplying we get 81210.
9. PSW is saved in stack when there is a ________
a) Interrupt recognized
b) Execution of RST instruction
c) Execution of CALL instruction
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: It can be interrupted.
10. In computers, subtraction is carried out generally by __________
a) 1’s complement method
b) 2’s complement method
c) signed magnitude method
d) BCD subtraction method
Explanation: Subtraction done by 2’s complement.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Compilers.
To practice all areas of Compilers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.