This set of MySQL Database Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Secure Connections”.
1. The number of files that each end of a client/server connection including SSL support use to set up secure communications is __________
Explanation: With a MySQL installation that includes SSL support the server and its clients can communicate securely. Each end of a connection uses three files to set up secure communications.
2. What is the TLS protocol?
a) transparent layer security
b) transport layer security
c) transparent level security
d) transport level security
Explanation: MySQL supports encrypted connections between clients and the server using the TLS protocol. It is also referred to as SSL but MySQL does not actually use the SSL protocol for encrypted connections.
3. Which grant table scope columns is case insensitive?
Explanation: ‘Db’ and ‘Table_name’ values are always treated as case sensitive even though treatment of database and table names in SQL statements depends on the filesystem case sensitivity of the host.
4. The variable that checks for availability of SSL support is ____________
Explanation: After the SSL-capable server is started, to verify that it supports SSL, connection is established with ‘mysql’ and the following query is issued: SHOW VARIABLES LIKE ‘have_ssl’.
5. MySQL does provides a date type that has an optional time part.
Explanation: In MySQL, there is no data type provided which has an optional time part. The ‘DATE’ type values never have a time part. The ‘DATETIME’ type values must have a time part in them.
6. ‘fetchrow_hashref()’ returns reference to hash of row values keyed by what?
a) row name
b) column name
c) table name
d) database name
Explanation: The function ‘fetchrow_hashref()’ returns reference to hash of row values, keyed by the column name. The function ‘fetchrow_arrayref()’ returns a reference to an array of row values.
7. The function that returns a reference to an array of row values is ______________
Explanation: ‘fetchrow_arrayref()’ returns a reference to an array of row values. The function ‘fetchrow_hashref()’ returns reference to hash of row values. ‘fetch()’ is the same as fetchrow_arrayref().
8. The MySQL server is configurable.
Explanation: The MySQL server is highly configurable. Some of the operational characteristics that you can control include which storage engines the server supports, the default character set, and its default time zone.
9. Multiple MySQL servers cannot be run on the same machine.
Explanation: It is useful to run multiple servers on the same machine under certain circumstances. A new MySQL release can also be tested while leaving the current production server in place.
10. The log in which data changes received from a replication master server are written is _____________
a) error log
b) general query log
c) binary log
d) relay log
Explanation: The Relay Log has the data changes received from a replication master server written in it. The problems encountered during the starting, running or stopping of ‘mysqld’ is written in error log.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – MySQL Database.
To practice all areas of MySQL Database, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.