This set of MySQL Database Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Setting Up Secure Connections”.
1. How many files does each end of a client/server connection including SSL support use to set up secure communications?
Explanation: With a MySQL installation that includes SSL support the server and its clients can communicate securely. Each end of a connection uses three files to set up secure communications.
2. The TLS protocol is _____________
a) transparent layer security
b) transport layer security
c) transparent level security
d) transport level security
Explanation: MySQL supports encrypted connections between clients and the server using the TLS protocol. It is also referred to as SSL but MySQL does not actually use the SSL protocol for encrypted connections.
3. The grant table scope columns that is case insensitive is _____________
Explanation: ‘Db’ and ‘Table_name’ values are always treated as case sensitive even though treatment of database and table names in SQL statements depends on the filesystem case sensitivity of the host.
4. Which variable checks for availability of SSL support?
Explanation: After the SSL-capable server is started, to verify that it supports SSL, connection is established with ‘mysql’ and the following query is issued: SHOW VARIABLES LIKE ‘have_ssl’.
5. MySQL does not provide a date type that has an optional time part.
Explanation: In MySQL, there is no data type provided which has an optional time part. The ‘DATE’ type values never have a time part. The ‘DATETIME’ type values must have a time part in them.
6. What is the best datatype for a column that is expected to store values up to 2 million?
Explanation: The different numeric types used in MySQL are used to store different range of values. To store values of the order of a million, the MEDIUMINT or BIGINT datatype is sufficient.
7. The datatype that stores the longest length of strings is ______________
Explanation: In MySQL, the different string datatypes are used to store different lenghts of the string. Here, the length would refer to the number of characters in the string. TEXT stores longer strings.
8. The security context when a user creates a stored program that accesses sensitive data but forgets that other people who can invoke the object have the same access is __________
Explanation: The security context is bad if a user creates a stored program that accesses sensitive data but forgets that other people who can invoke the object have the same access to that data as its definer.
9. Triggers and events are not invoked automatically by the server.
Explanation: The triggers and events are invoked automatically by the server, so the concept of invoking user is not applied. Thus, they have no SQL SECURITY characteristic and always execute with definer privileges.
10. A stored procedure is invoked using the statement __________
Explanation: In MySQL, a stored procedure is invoked using the CALL statement. A stored procedure does not have a return value but can modify its parameters. It also returns some result sets.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – MySQL Database.
To practice all areas of MySQL Database, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.