This set of MySQL Database Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Internationalization and Localization Issues”.
1. The server sets its default time zone by examining its environment.
Explanation: In MySQL the server sets its default time zone by examining its environment. This is the local time zone of the server host. The time zone can be specified explicitly at server startup.
2. The system variable ‘system_time_zone’ can be reset at runtime.
Explanation: The ‘system_time_zone’ represents the time zone that the server determines to be the server host time zone at startup time. It exists only as a global system variable and cannot be reset at runtime.
3. The variable which represents the default time zone of the MySQL server is _____________
Explanation: The system variable ‘time_zone’ represents the default time zone of the MySQL server. By default, this variable is set to ‘SYSTEM’ which means to use the system_time_zone setting.
4. The number of options that can be used to control LOCAL capability at runtime is _____________
Explanation: At runtime, the server can be started with the ‘–local-infile’ or ‘–skip-local-infile’ options to enable or disable ‘LOCAL’ capability on the server side. It can be enabled at build time too.
5. If an error occurs during the transaction the troubleshoot is ____________
Explanation: Whenever an error occurs during a transaction, it is generally taken to the state prior to the beginning of transaction execution. This is know as rollback. It is a set of undo operations.
6. The ‘A’ in the ACID property of transactions is _______________
Explanation: All the transaction systems have an important set of characteristics in common. This is known as the ‘ACID’ property of the transaction. It refers to the four elementary characteristics of a transaction.
7. The ‘C’ in the ACID property of transactions is _______________
Explanation: The elementary characteristics of a transaction are known as the ‘ACID’ properties. ‘ACID’ is the acronym for the four basic characteristics that a transaction must have for smooth processing.
8. The datatype that means a variable length non binary string is __________
Explanation: In MySQL, there are a wide variety of string datatypes for use. Strings can even hold image and sound data. All the four options are string type names. VARCHAR represents a variable length non binary string.
9. The date and time datatype that stores time value in ‘hh:mm:ss’ format is ___________
Explanation: MySQL has some variety of date and time datatypes. These datatypes are crucial for representing records in a table. The ‘TIME’ type represents a time value, stored in the ‘hh:mm:ss’ format.
10. The spatial datatype used to store a curve is _____________
Explanation: In MySQL, there are many spatial datatypes available for use. Some examples are GEOMETRY, POINT, LINESTRING and POLYGON. The LINESTRING type is used to represent a curve.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – MySQL Database.
To practice all areas of MySQL Database, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.