This is a C++ Program to find the cross product of two vectors. In mathematics, the cross product or vector product is a binary operation on two vectors in three-dimensional space. It results in a vector that is perpendicular to both and therefore normal to the plane containing them.
Here is source code of the C++ Program to Compute Cross Product of Two Vectors. The C++ program is successfully compiled and run on a Linux system. The program output is also shown below.
using namespace std;
const int LOW = 0;
const int HIGH = 10;
int main(int argc, char **argv)
srand((unsigned int) seconds);
int u1, u2, u3, v1, v2, v3;
u1 = rand() % (HIGH - LOW + 1) + LOW;
u2 = rand() % (HIGH - LOW + 1) + LOW;
u3 = rand() % (HIGH - LOW + 1) + LOW;
v1 = rand() % (HIGH - LOW + 1) + LOW;
v2 = rand() % (HIGH - LOW + 1) + LOW;
v3 = rand() % (HIGH - LOW + 1) + LOW;
int uvi, uvj, uvk;
uvi = u2 * v3 - v2 * u3;
uvj = v1 * u3 - u1 * v3;
uvk = u1 * v2 - v1 * u2;
cout << "The cross product of the 2 vectors \n u = " << u1 << "i + " << u2
<< "j + " << u3 << "k and \n v = " << u1 << "i + " << u2 << "j + "
<< u3 << "k \n ";
cout << "u X v : " << uvi << "i +" << uvj << "j+ " << uvk << "k ";
$ g++ CrossProduct.cpp $ a.out The cross product of the 2 vectors u = 6i + 9j + 9k and v = 6i + 9j + 9k u X v : 0i +6j+ -6k ------------------ (program exited with code: 0) Press return to continue
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – 1000 C++ Programs.
Here’s the list of Best Books in C++ Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in C++ Programming
- Participate in C++ Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in C++ Programming
- Take C++ Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Programming Books
- Apply for Information Technology Internship
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Practice Programming MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books