This is a Java Program to compute cross product of two vectors. In mathematics, the cross product or vector product is a binary operation on two vectors in three-dimensional space. It results in a vector that is perpendicular to both and therefore normal to the plane containing them.
Here is the source code of the Java Program to Compute Cross Product of Two Vectors. The Java program is successfully compiled and run on a Windows system. The program output is also shown below.
//This is a java program to find the cross product of two vectors
public class Cross_Product
public static void main(String args)
Random random = new Random();
int u1, u2, u3, v1, v2, v3;
u1 = random.nextInt(10);
u2 = random.nextInt(10);
u3 = random.nextInt(10);
v1 = random.nextInt(10);
v2 = random.nextInt(10);
v3 = random.nextInt(10);
int uvi, uvj, uvk;
uvi = u2 * v3 - v2 * u3;
uvj = v1 * u3 - u1 * v3;
uvk = u1 * v2 - v1 * u2;
System.out.println("The cross product of the 2 vectors \n u = " + u1
+ "i + " + u2 + "j + " + u3 + "k and \n v = " + u1 + "i + "
+ u2 + "j + " + u3 + "k \n ");
System.out.println("u X v : " + uvi + "i +" + uvj + "j+ " + uvk + "k ");
$ javac Cross_Product.java $ java Cross_Product The cross product of the 2 vectors u = 3i + 8j + 9k and v = 3i + 8j + 9k u X v : -2i +48j+ -42k
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – 1000 Java Programs.
Sanfoundry Certification Contest of the Month is Live. 100+ Subjects. Participate Now!
Here’s the list of Best Books in Java Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Java Programming
- Participate in Java Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Java Programming
- Take Java Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Java Internship
- Practice Information Technology MCQs
- Buy Java Books
- Apply for Information Technology Internship
- Practice BCA MCQs