Our 1000+ Engineering Chemistry questions and answers focuses on all areas of Engineering Chemistry subject covering 100+ topics in Engineering Chemistry. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Engineering Chemistry. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Engineering Chemistry comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Engineering Chemistry interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Engineering Chemistry with explanations.
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Engineering Chemistry Subject.
Who should Practice these Hadoop Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Engineering Chemistry Subject.
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Engineering Chemistry.
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews).
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations.
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students.
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Engineering Chemistry Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Atoms to Molecules to Material’s for Engineers
The section contains questions and answers on hybridisation, homonuclear and heteronuclear molecules, molecular orbital and valence bond Theory.
Valence Bond Theory
Molecular Orbital Theory
Homonuclear and Heteronuclear molecules
2. Questions on Structure and Stereostructure of Molecules
The section contains questions on chirality, stereoselectivity and stereospecificity, optical Isomerism and r, s- configuration and water softening.
E and Z Nomenclature of Geometric Isomers
R, S- Configuration and Water Softening
Stereoselectivity and Stereospecificity
3. Questions & Answers on Materials and their Properties
The section contains questions and answers on Engineering, Construction and functional materials, molecular aggregation, micelles and nanotechnology.
Construction Material Cement
4. Questions on Methods Of Purification
The section contains questions on crystallisation, surface tension, fractional and steam distillation, chromatography, column and thin layer chromatography.
Thin Layer Chromatography
5. Questions & Answers on Criteria of Purity and Characterisation of Materials
The section contains questions on melting and boiling point, conductivity, particle size measurement and viscosity.
Particle Size Measurement
B. E. T. Adsorption Isotherm
6. Questions on Absorption Spectroscopy
The section contains questions on origin of spectrum, molecular, vibrational and electronic spectroscopy.
Origin of Spectrum
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
7. Questions & Answers on Reactivity of Molecules Reaction Mechanism
The section contains questions and answers on inductive, electromeric and mesomeric effect, hyperconjugation, carbocations and carbanions, nucleophillic and electrophilic substitution reactions.
Fission of Covalent Bond
Nucleophillic Substitution Reaction
Electrophillic Substitution Reaction – I
Electrophillic Substitution Reaction – II
8. Questions on Reaction Dynamics
The section contains questions and answers on order and molecularity of a reaction, effect of temperature, integrated rate reaction and catalysis.
Order of a Reaction
Molecularity of a Reaction
Integrated Rate Equation and Half Lives
Pseudo Order Reaction
Effect of Temperature on Reaction Rate
9. Questions & Answers on Water and Its Treatment
The section contains questions on hardness of water and boiler feed water, lime soda process, zeolites, calgon conditioning, alkalinity of water and reverse osmosis.
Alkalinity of Water and its Estimation
Hardness of Water
Boiler feed Water
Lime Soda Process
Desalination of Brackish Water
10. Questions on Polymers
The section contains questions and answers on polymer classification and its characterisation, polymer blends, dendrimers, thermoplastic polymers, elastomers, fibers, organic conducting and biodegradable polymers.
11. Questions & Answers on Corrosion, Electrolysis, Fuel Cells and Batteries
The section contains questions on causes and effects of corrosion, wet theory corrosion, faraday’s law, fuel and galvanic cells.
Causes and Effects of Corrosion
Wet Theory of Corrosion
Factors Influencing Corrosion
Protective Measures Against Corrosion
Faraday’s Laws of Electrolysis
12. Questions on Industrially Important Materials
The section contains questions on soaps, detergents, lubricants, oils and fats.
Oils and Fats-I
Oils and Fats – II
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Engineering Chemistry!