This is a Python program to find the length of a linked list without using recursion.
The program prompts the user to enter the elements of the linked list to create and then displays its length.
1. Create a class Node.
2. Create a class LinkedList.
3. Define method append inside the class LinkedList to append data to the linked list.
4. Define method length.
5. The method length uses a loop to iterate over the nodes of the list to calculate its length.
6. Create an instance of LinkedList and prompt the user for its elements.
7. Display the length of the list by calling the method length.
Here is the source code of a Python program to find the length of a linked list without using recursion. The program output is shown below.
class Node: def __init__(self, data): self.data = data self.next = None class LinkedList: def __init__(self): self.head = None self.last_node = None def append(self, data): if self.last_node is None: self.head = Node(data) self.last_node = self.head else: self.last_node.next = Node(data) self.last_node = self.last_node.next def length(self): current = self.head length = 0 while current: length = length + 1 current = current.next return length a_llist = LinkedList() data_list = input('Please enter the elements in the linked list: ').split() for data in data_list: a_llist.append(int(data)) print('The length of the linked list is ' + str(a_llist.length()) + '.', end = '')
1. An instance of LinkedList is created.
2. The user is prompted for the elements of the list.
3. The elements are then appended to the linked list.
4. The method length calculates the length of the list.
5. The length is then displayed.
Case 1: Please enter the elements in the linked list: 8 1 The length of the linked list is 2. Case 2: Please enter the elements in the linked list: The length of the linked list is 0. Case 3: Please enter the elements in the linked list: 7 5 9 12 The length of the linked list is 4.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Python Programming
- Participate in Python Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Python Programming
- Take Python Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10