This is a Python program to create a linked list and display its elements.
The program creates a linked list using data items input from the user and displays it.
1. Create a class Node with instance variables data and next.
2. Create a class LinkedList with instance variables head and last_node.
3. The variable head points to the first element in the linked list while last_node points to the last.
4. Define methods append and display inside the class LinkedList to append data and display the linked list respectively.
5. Create an instance of LinkedList, append data to it and display the list.
Here is the source code of a Python program to create a linked list and display its elements. The program output is shown below.
class Node: def __init__(self, data): self.data = data self.next = None class LinkedList: def __init__(self): self.head = None self.last_node = None def append(self, data): if self.last_node is None: self.head = Node(data) self.last_node = self.head else: self.last_node.next = Node(data) self.last_node = self.last_node.next def display(self): current = self.head while current is not None: print(current.data, end = ' ') current = current.next a_llist = LinkedList() n = int(input('How many elements would you like to add? ')) for i in range(n): data = int(input('Enter data item: ')) a_llist.append(data) print('The linked list: ', end = '') a_llist.display()
1. An instance of LinkedList is created.
2. The user is asked for the number of elements they would like to add. This is stored in n.
3. Using a loop, data from the user is appended to the linked list n times.
4. The linked list is displayed.
Case 1: How many elements would you like to add? 5 Enter data item: 3 Enter data item: -2 Enter data item: 1 Enter data item: 5 Enter data item: 0 The linked list: 3 -2 1 5 0 Case 2: How many elements would you like to add? 1 Enter data item: 6 The linked list: 6 Case 3: How many elements would you like to add? 4 Enter data item: 2 Enter data item: 9 Enter data item: 3 Enter data item: 2 The linked list: 2 9 3 2
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Python Programming
- Participate in Python Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Python Programming
- Take Python Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10