This is a Python program to print the alternate nodes of a linked list without using recursion.
The program creates a linked list using data items input from the user and displays the alternate data items.
1. Create a class Node.
2. Create a class LinkedList.
3. Define method append inside the class LinkedList to append data to the linked list.
4. Define method alternate.
5. The method alternate uses a loop to iterate over the alternate nodes of the list and display them.
6. Create an instance of LinkedList and prompt the user for its elements.
7. Display the alternate data items of the linked list.
Here is the source code of a Python program to print the alternate nodes of a linked list without using recursion. The program output is shown below.
class Node: def __init__(self, data): self.data = data self.next = None class LinkedList: def __init__(self): self.head = None self.last_node = None def append(self, data): if self.last_node is None: self.head = Node(data) self.last_node = self.head else: self.last_node.next = Node(data) self.last_node = self.last_node.next def alternate(self): current = self.head while current: print(current.data, end = ' ') if current.next is not None: current = current.next.next else: break a_llist = LinkedList() data_list = input('Please enter the elements in the linked list: ').split() for data in data_list: a_llist.append(int(data)) print('The alternate nodes of the linked list: ', end = '') a_llist.alternate()
1. An instance of LinkedList is created.
2. The user is prompted for the elements of the list.
3. The elements are then appended to the linked list.
4. The method alternate is called to display the alternate nodes of the list.
Case 1: Please enter the elements in the linked list: 7 1 4 1 9 10 3 The alternate nodes of the linked list: 7 4 9 3 Case 2: Please enter the elements in the linked list: 1 2 The alternate nodes of the linked list: 1 Case 3: Please enter the elements in the linked list: 9 The alternate nodes of the linked list: 9
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Python Programming
- Participate in Python Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Python Programming
- Take Python Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Programming Internship
- Buy Python Books
- Apply for Python Internship
- Buy Information Technology Books
- Practice Programming MCQs