This is a Python program to display the nodes of a linked list using recursion.
The program creates a linked list using data items input from the user and displays it.
1. Create a class Node.
2. Create a class LinkedList.
3. Define methods append and display inside the class LinkedList to append data and display the linked list respectively.
4. Define methods display and display_helper.
5. display calls display_helper to display the linked list recursively.
6. Create an instance of LinkedList, append data to it and display the list.
Here is the source code of a Python program to display the nodes of a linked list using recursion. The program output is shown below.
class Node: def __init__(self, data): self.data = data self.next = None class LinkedList: def __init__(self): self.head = None self.last_node = None def append(self, data): if self.last_node is None: self.head = Node(data) self.last_node = self.head else: self.last_node.next = Node(data) self.last_node = self.last_node.next def display(self): self.display_helper(self.head) def display_helper(self, current): if current is None: return print(current.data, end = ' ') self.display_helper(current.next) a_llist = LinkedList() n = int(input('How many elements would you like to add? ')) for i in range(n): data = int(input('Enter data item: ')) a_llist.append(data) print('The linked list: ', end = '') a_llist.display()
1. An instance of LinkedList is created.
2. The user is asked for the number of elements they would like to add. This is stored in n.
3. Using a loop, data from the user is appended to the linked list n times.
4. The linked list is displayed by calling the method display.
Case 1: How many elements would you like to add? 3 Enter data item: 7 Enter data item: 2 Enter data item: 1 The linked list: 7 2 1 Case 2: How many elements would you like to add? 1 Enter data item: 2 The linked list: 2 Case 3: How many elements would you like to add? 5 Enter data item: 4 Enter data item: 2 Enter data item: 3 Enter data item: 5 Enter data item: 1 The linked list: 4 2 3 5 1
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Python Programming
- Participate in Python Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Python Programming
- Take Python Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10