This is a Java Program to Create a Basic Applet
We have to write a program in Java such that it creates a basic applet with some text written on the applet.
For creating a basic applet, we can have the following set of input and output.
To View the Applet :
When the program is executed, it is expected that an applet is created with "Hello World" written.
1. To create an applet inherit the Applet class.
2. Write text on the frame, using drawString method of Graphics class.
Here is source code of the Java Program to create a basic applet. The program is successfully compiled and tested using javac compiler on Fedora 30. The program output is also shown below.
/*Java Program to Create a Basic Applet*/
public class Basic_Applet extends Applet
//Function to initialize the applet
public void init()
//Function to draw the string
public void paint(Graphics g)
<applet code=Basic_Applet.class width=400 height=400>
To compile and run the program use the following commands :
>>>javac Basic_Applet.java >>>appletviewer Basic_Applet.java
1. To create an applet, it is needed to inherit the Applet class.
2. The method public void init() is defined in the Applet class and it is used to initialize the applet.
3. The method drawString(String,int x,int y) draws a string starting from the (x,y) co-ordinate.
Here’s the run time test cases for creating a basic applet for different input cases.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Java Programs.