This set of Digital Image Processing Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Light and the Electromagnetic Spectrum”.
1. Of the following, _________ has the maximum frequency.
a) UV Rays
b) Gamma Rays
d) Radio Waves
Explanation: Gamma Rays come first in the electromagnetic spectrum sorted in the decreasing order of frequency.
2. In the Visible spectrum the ______ colour has the maximum wavelength.
Explanation: Red is towards the right in the electromagnetic spectrum sorted in the increasing order of wavelength.
3. Wavelength and frequency are related as : (c = speed of light)
a) c = wavelength / frequency
b) frequency = wavelength / c
c) wavelength = c * frequency
d) c = wavelength * frequency
Explanation: It is usually written as wavelength = c / frequency.
4. Electromagnetic waves can be visualised as a
a) sine wave
b) cosine wave
c) tangential wave
d) None of the above
Explanation: Electromagnetic waves are visualised as sinusoidal wave.
5. How is radiance measured?
Explanation: Radiance is the total amount of energy that flows from the light source and is measured in Watts.
6. Which of the following is used for chest and dental scans?
a) Hard X-Rays
b) Soft X-Rays
c) Radio waves
d) Infrared Rays
Explanation: Soft X-Rays (low energy) are used for dental and chest scans.
7. Which of the following is impractical to measure?
Explanation: Brightness is subjective descriptor of light perception that is impossible to measure.
8. Massless particle containing a certain amount of energy is called
d) None of these
Explanation: Each bundle of massless energy is called a Photon.
9. What do you mean by achromatic light?
a) Chromatic light
b) Monochromatic light
c) Infrared light
d) Invisible light
Explanation: Achromatic light is also called monochromatic light.(Light void of color)
10. Which of the following embodies the achromatic notion of intensity?
Explanation: Brightness embodies the achromatic notion of intensity and is a key factor in describing color sensation.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Digital Image Processing.
To practice all areas of Digital Image Processing, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.