This is a C program to reverse a given integer.
This C program accepts an integer and reverse it.
1. Take the number which you have to reverse as the input.
2. Obtain its quotient and remainder.
3. Multiply the separate variable with 10 and add the obtained remainder to it.
4. Do step 2 again for the quotient and step 3 for the remainder obtained in step 4.
5. Repeat the process until quotient becomes zero.
6. When it becomes zero, print the output and exit.
Here is source code of the C program to reverse a given number. The C program is successfully compiled and run on a Linux system. The program output is also shown below.
long num, reverse = 0, temp, remainder;
printf("Enter the number\n");
temp = num;
while (num > 0)
remainder = num % 10;
reverse = reverse * 10 + remainder;
num /= 10;
printf("Given number = %ld\n", temp);
printf("Its reverse is = %ld\n", reverse);
1. Take the number which you have to reverse as the input and store it in the variable num.
2. Copy the input number to the another variable temp.
3. Firstly initialize the variable reverse to zero.
4. Obtain the remainder of the input number.
5. Multiply the variable reverse with 10 and add the Obtained remainder to it and store the result in the same variable.
6. Obtain the quotient of the input number and considering this as input number repeat the steps as mentioned above until the obtained quotient becomes zero.
7. When it becomes zero, print the given number and its reverse using variables temp and reverse respectively as ouput.
Case:1 Enter the number 567865 Given number = 567865 Its reverse is = 568765 Case:2 Enter the number 00001 Given number = 00001 Its reverse is = 10000
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – 1000 C Programs.