This is a C program to replace lowercase characters by uppercase & vice-versa.
This program accepts the sentence and replaces lowercase characters by uppercase & vice-versa.
1. Take the sentence as input.
2. Using (islower()? toupper():tolower()) function replace lowercase characters by uppercase & vice-versa.
3. Print the output and exit.
Here is source code of the C program to replace lowercase characters by uppercase & vice-versa. The C program is successfully compiled and run on a Linux system. The program output is also shown below.
* C program to read an English sentence and replace
* lowercase characters by uppercase and vice-versa.
* Output the given sentence as well as the converted
* sentence on two different lines.
int count, ch, i;
printf("Enter a sentence \n");
for (i = 0;(sentence[i] = getchar()) != '\n'; i++)
sentence[i] = '\0';
/* shows the number of chars accepted in a sentence */
count = i;
printf("The given sentence is : %s", sentence);
printf("\n Case changed sentence is: ");
for (i = 0; i < count; i++)
ch = islower(sentence[i])? toupper(sentence[i]) :
1. Take an an English sentence as input and store it in the array sentence.
2. Copy the last letter’s position in the array to the variable count.
3. Using for loop and (islower()? toupper():tolower()) function replace lowercase characters by uppercase & vice-versa. Store this in the variable ch.
4. Print the variable ch as output and exit.
Enter a sentence wELCOME tO sANFOUNDRY The given sentence is : wELCOME tO sANFOUNDRY Case changed sentence is: Welcome To Sanfoundry
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – 1000 C Programs.
Here’s the list of Best Books in C Programming, Data-Structures and Algorithms
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in C Programming
- Participate in C Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in C Programming
- Take C Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Watch Advanced C Programming Videos
- Practice BCA MCQs
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Practice Computer Science MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books