Here is a listing of C++ interview questions on “Types” along with answers, explanations and/or solutions:
1. What is the size of wchar_t in C++?
c) 2 or 4
d) Based on the number of bits in the system
Explanation: Compiler wants to make CPU as more efficient in accessing the next value.
2. Pick the odd one out
a) array type
b) character type
c) boolean type
d) integer type
Explanation: Array type is not the basic type and it is constructed using the basic type.
3. Which data type is used to represent the absence of parameters?
Explanation: void will not return anything.
4. What does an escape code represent?
d) form feed
Explanation: Because a is used to produce a beep sound.
5. Which type is best suited to represent the logical values?
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: Logical values can be either true or false, so the boolean type is suited for it.
6. Identify the user-defined types from the following?
c) both enumeration and classes
Explanation: They must be defined by the users before use, unlike the other types which are readily available.
7. Which of the following statements are true?
a) f is a function taking an argument of type int and returning a floating point number
b) f is a function taking an argument of type float and returning an integer
c) f is a function of type float
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: The argument that is passed to a function f is of float type and the function finally returns a value that id is of integer type.
8. The value 132.54 can be represented using which data type?
Explanation: The given value is with decimal points, so float or double can be used.
9. When a language has the capability to produce new data type mean, it can be called as
Explanation: Extensible is used to add new features to C++.
10. Pick the odd one out.
a) integer, character, boolean, floating
b) enumeration, classes
c) integer, enum, void
d) arrays, pointer, classes
Explanation: Option a consists of all fundamental types, option b consists of user-defined types and option d consists of derived types but option c is a mixture.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – C++ Programming Language.