This is a C Program to perform addition using bitwise operators. Using AND and XOR operators addition can be done, where carry is given by AND between two operands and result can be given by XOR between two operands.
Here is the source code of the C program to perform addition operation using bitwise operators. The C program is successfully compiled and run on a Linux system. The program output is also shown below.
int bitwiseadd(int x, int y)
while (y != 0)
int carry = x & y;
x = x ^ y;
y = carry << 1;
int num1, num2;
printf("\nEnter two numbers to perform addition using bitwise operators: ");
scanf("%d%d", &num1, &num2);
printf("\nSum is %d", bitwiseadd(num1, num2));
$ gcc bitwiseadd.c -o bitwiseadd $ ./bitwiseadd Enter two numbers to perform addition using bitwise operators: 20 12 Sum is 32
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – 1000 C Programs.
Here’s the list of Best Books in C Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in C Programming
- Participate in C Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in C Programming
- Take C Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for C Internship
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Practice BCA MCQs
- Watch Advanced C Programming Videos
- Practice Computer Science MCQs