This set of Visual Basic Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “User Interface – Border Style and AutoSize Properties”.
1. A control’s border is determined by __________ property.
Explanation: A control’s border is determined by its BorderStyle property, which can be set to None, FixedSingle, Fixed3D. Controls with a border style property set to none have no border. Setting the border style property to FixedSingle surrounds the control with a thin line, and setting it to Fixed3d, gives the control a 3-dimensional appearance.
2. A label control’s __________ property determines whether the control automatically sizes to fit its current contents.
a) AutoSize property
b) Control property
c) Auto control property
d) Autoformat property
Explanation: The label control’s autosize property determines whether the control automatically sizes to fit its current contents. The appropriate settings depend on the label’s purpose. Label control that identifies other control, uses the default setting that is true.
3. The autoSize property of the label control that displays program output is automatically set to true.
Explanation: The autosize property of label that displays program output is generally set to false, since we do not need to autosize the label that displays the output.
4. The BorderStyle property of the labels that display program output is generally set to __________
Explanation: The BorderStyle property of the labels that display output is fixed single, generally due to convention so that the form becomes readable, convenient to the user.
5. Text box is aligned using __________
a) Alignment operator
b) Edit menu
c) Properties Window
d) Format menu
Explanation: Text box is aligned using format menu or snap lines. The blue and the pink snap lines help you to align the text box with the other labels.
6. A __________ provides an area in the form for the user to enter data.
a) Text box
c) Edit box
Explanation: Text box provides an area in the form for the user to enter data. User can edit the data in the text box.
7. A control is locked using __________
a) Lock Controls
b) Shared lock
c) Fixed lock
Explanation: Once you have placed all the controls in the desired location on the form, it is a good idea to lock the form. You can lock the controls by clicking on the form, and clicking the Lock Control option on the format menu. When a control is locked, a small lock appears on the upper left corner of the control.
8. Which setting gives the control a 3-dimensional appearance?
a) 3D appearance
b) Fixed3D Border Style
Explanation: The Fixed3D border style gives a 3-dimensional appearance. In windows application, a data that the user is not allowed to edit does not have 3-dimensional appearance. Thus generally label control’s border style property is not set to 3-dimension. Whereas the text boxes are generally set to Fixed3D.
9. The appropriate __________ setting on a label depends on label’s purpose.
a) BorderStyle property
b) AutoSize property
c) Length property
d) Format Property
Explanation: The BorderStyle property on a label generally depends on control’s purpose. The control that displays output has border style set to FixedSingle, the control that identify other controls, the border style property is set to None, etc.
10. The BorderStyle property of each label, that identify other controls, is generally set to __________
Explanation: The BorderStyle property of each label, that identify other controls such as those identify text boxes is generally set to None. This is a general convention that is followed, to make the design look adorable, but not distractive to the user.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Visual Basic.
To practice all areas of Visual Basic, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.