Pre-requisite / Skillset for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on various cloning and expression vectors.
2. Require knowledge of vectors in genetic engineering experiments.
3. Adequate knowledge on various strategies of gene cloning.
4. Must be aware of importance genetic engineering.
5. Must be familiar with safety and ethical considerations while manipulating and engineering biological systems.
6. Overview on the principles of heredity and gene manipulation.
7. Must be familiar with the concepts like gene manipulation that can be applied to engineer simple and complex life forms and safety considerations associated with genetic engineering.
Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Internship Test
Intern has to take Vector Biology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Vector Biology topic.
1. Protection by covalent attachment of proteins in a plasmid, is a method for?
(A) increasing the conjugative abilities
(B) protection of linear DNA
(C) increasing the copy number
(D) increasing cloning efficiency
Explanation: Not all plasmids exist as circular molecules, linear plasmids have been found in some species and to protect them, methods are: repeated sequences ending in terminal DNA hairpin loop or the ends are protected by covalent attachment of a protein.
2. What is the role of ethidium bromide in isopycnic centrifugation of cleared lysates?
(A) Denatures genomic DNA
(B) Lysis the membrane
(C) Intercalates and unwinds
(D) Fluoresces plasmid DNA
Explanation: EtBr binds by intercalating between the DNA basepairs and in doing so causes the plasmid DNA to unwind. Thus covalent circles can be separated from linear chromosomal DNA.
3. What are sticky ends?
(A) Ends of M13 vector
(B) 12 nucleotide stretch in lambda phage
(C) The replicated product phage DNA
(D) Ends on two sides of origin
Explanation: At either end of the lambda DNA molecule is a short 12 nucleotide stretch in which the DNA is single stranded. The two single strands are complementary and base pair with each other to form a circular completely double stranded molecule.
4. Which of the following is a positive regulatory gene on the lambda phage genome?
Explanation: Except for the two positive regulatory genes N and Q, all functionally related genes are clustered together on the phage lambda genome map.
5. The restriction endonuclease AluI is isolated from which microbe?
(A) Proteus Vulgaris
(B) Staphylococcus Aureus
(C) Arthrobacter Luteus
(D) Haemophilus Influenzae
Explanation: AluI restriction endonuclease derived from Arthrobacter Luteus, cleaves a DNA molecule at nucleotide long site- AGCT. There are other endonucleases that cleave at bigger sites.
Practice the full set of Vector Biology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Vector Biology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Vector Biology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation".
2. Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation InternshipIf you are looking for "Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation InternshipWho can apply for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation content writing internship?
Students who had studied Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation.
What are the skill sets required for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Vector Biology and Gene Manipulation at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]