Pre-requisite / Skillset for Total Quality Management (TQM) Internship
1. Intern should have adequate knowledge of importance of quality and its dimensions in striving for excellence.
2. Understand the conscious compromise between cost and quality.
3. Developing competency in the selection in various manufacturing and service functions.
4. Ability to develop competency in the use of appropriate quality tools in various manufacturing and service functions.
5. Able to integrate quality approaches for productivity improvement.
6. Require knowledge and skills for conducting quality audits.
7. Must be familiar with the various approaches of TQM.
8. Able to infer the customer perception of quality.
9. Ability to analyze customer needs and perceptions to design feedback systems.
10. Capable of applying statistical tools for continuous improvement of systems.
11. Require adequate knowledge to apply the tools and technique for effective implementation of TQM.
12. Able to apply the tools and techniques of quality management to manufacturing and services processes.
Total Quality Management (TQM) Internship Test
Intern has to take Total Quality Management internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Total Quality Management topic.
1. Which of the following is not a measure of Product Deficiency?
(D) Mass of the mobile phone
Explanation: A product deficiency is a product failure that results in product dissatisfaction. Deficiencies are stated in different units, such as errors, failures, defects, off-specification, etc. Freedom from deficiencies refers to the quality of conformance.
2. Which of the following is not the best MTBF for a newly purchased laptop?
(A) 1 month
(B) 2 years
(C) 3 years
(D) 5 years
Explanation: MTBF refers to mean time between failures for a repairable product. Higher value of MTBF of the laptop is desired for customer satisfaction. So, MTBF for a newly purchased laptop which is least here is 1 month. It is ruled out as it is not the best.
3. Company X, Company Y, and Company Z are mobile manufacturers. They have been in the market for 10 years. Company X has the record of solving all the problems reported by their customers while Company Y and Company Z have the record of solving 80% and 85% of the problems reported by their customers respectively. Which company will have the highest reputation?
(A) Company X
(B) Company Y
(C) Company Z
(D) Reputation cannot be compared
Explanation: As Company X has solved all the problems reported by its customers, it has the highest reputation. Company Y and Company Z must study the methods adopted by Company X to solve customer complaints.
4. Which of the following is a dimension of ‘service quality’?
Explanation: Consistency is a ‘service quality’ dimension. It refers to the act of committing to the same level of customer service every time irrespective of who the customer is. Durability, Serviceability, and Conformance are dimensions of ‘product quality’.
5. In Company E, the supervisors and employees solve problems based on their individual knowledge, skills, and instincts. In Company F, everyone in the organization solves problems based on substantive data. What can you infer about the management culture?
(A) Company E follows traditional management, Company F follows TQM
(B) Company F follows traditional management, Company E follows TQM
(C) Company E and Company F follows traditional management
(D) Company E and Company F follows TQM
Explanation: In traditional management, the supervisors and employees solve problems based on their individual knowledge, skills, and instincts. This can sometimes lead to problems when some of the causes of the problems are left out. But with substantive data, every aspect of the problem is thoroughly analyzed and a proper decision focusing on customer satisfaction is made.
Practice the full set of Total Quality Management Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Total Quality Management Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Total Quality Management Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Total Quality Management (TQM) Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Total Quality Management (TQM), the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Total Quality Management (TQM) subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Total Quality Management (TQM)".
2. Total Quality Management (TQM) articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Total Quality Management (TQM) Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Total Quality Management (TQM) Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Total Quality Management (TQM) Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Total Quality Management (TQM)" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Total Quality Management (TQM) InternshipIf you are looking for "Total Quality Management (TQM)" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Total Quality Management (TQM), then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Total Quality Management (TQM) InternshipWho can apply for Total Quality Management (TQM) content writing internship?
Students who had studied Total Quality Management (TQM) in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Total Quality Management (TQM).
What are the skill sets required for Total Quality Management (TQM) internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Total Quality Management (TQM) internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Total Quality Management (TQM) Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Total Quality Management (TQM)?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Total Quality Management (TQM)?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Total Quality Management (TQM). Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Total Quality Management (TQM) internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Total Quality Management (TQM) at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]