This set of Tissue Engineering Quiz focuses on “Bone Tissue Engineering using Stem Cells”.
1. Bone is a ______________ tissue.
Explanation: Like cartilage and fat tissue, bone is connective tissue, implying that it contains a populace of cells that are inserted into an extracellular grid.
2. Formation of new bone tissue is known as __________
Explanation: In healthy people, bone recovers through a two–advance redesigning process that includes resorption of developing bone that has turned out to be exhausted and the arrangement of new bone tissue (hardening).
3. _____________ are simply osteoblasts trapped in the matrix that they secrete.
Explanation: Osteocytes are regularly depicted as terminally separated osteoblasts that dwell in little pockets named lacunae, found profound inside the mineralized bone.
4. An osteoblast is a type of bone cell that breaks down bone tissue.
Explanation: Osteoclasts are huge multinucleate (cells with more than one core) that separate from another kind of cell called a macrophage. In typical bone, bone arrangement and bone resorption are firmly coupled procedures associated with the ordinary redesigning of bone.
5. ______________ imperfecta is a disorder of bone fragility chiefly caused by mutations in the COL1A1 and COL1A2 genes that encode type I procollagen.
Explanation: Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI), otherwise called a fragile bone infection, is a gathering of hereditary issue that fundamentally influences the bones. It brings about bones that break effectively. The seriousness might be mellow to extreme.
6. Bones contain elastic elements like type I collagen.
Explanation: Bone and related structures found in teeth are exceptional among connective tissues in that their frameworks incorporate components that make them inflexible (crystalline mineral, hydroxyapatite) just as flexible components (type I collagen).
7. Epithelial cells help in establishing new bones in animal models.
Explanation: At the point when conveyed related to a biomaterial framework, Mesenchymal stem cells have exhibited the capacity to help set up new bone in creature models. MSCs “multipurpose” capacity makes these phones a potential asset for some tissue recovery and building applications.
8. ______________ is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone.
Explanation: Osteoporosis is a bone ailment that happens when the body loses a lot of bone, makes excessively minimal bone, or both. Subsequently, bones become powerless and may part from a fall or, in genuine cases, from sniffling or minor knocks.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Tissue Engineering.
To practice all areas of Tissue Engineering for Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.