This set of Tissue Engineering Quiz focuses on “Bone Tissue Engineering using Stem Cells”.
1. Bone is a ______________ tissue.
Explanation: Like cartilage and fat tissue, bone is connective tissue, implying that it contains a populace of cells that are inserted into an extracellular grid.
2. Formation of new bone tissue is known as __________
Explanation: In healthy people, bone recovers through a two–advance redesigning process that includes resorption of developing bone that has turned out to be exhausted and the arrangement of new bone tissue (hardening).
3. _____________ are simply osteoblasts trapped in the matrix that they secrete.
Explanation: Osteocytes are regularly depicted as terminally separated osteoblasts that dwell in little pockets named lacunae, found profound inside the mineralized bone.
4. An osteoblast is a type of bone cell that breaks down bone tissue.
Explanation: Osteoclasts are huge multinucleate (cells with more than one core) that separate from another kind of cell called a macrophage. In typical bone, bone arrangement and bone resorption are firmly coupled procedures associated with the ordinary redesigning of bone.
5. ______________ imperfecta is a disorder of bone fragility chiefly caused by mutations in the COL1A1 and COL1A2 genes that encode type I procollagen.
Explanation: Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI), otherwise called a fragile bone infection, is a gathering of hereditary issue that fundamentally influences the bones. It brings about bones that break effectively. The seriousness might be mellow to extreme.
6. Bones contain elastic elements like type I collagen.
Explanation: Bone and related structures found in teeth are exceptional among connective tissues in that their frameworks incorporate components that make them inflexible (crystalline mineral, hydroxyapatite) just as flexible components (type I collagen).
7. Epithelial cells help in establishing new bones in animal models.
Explanation: At the point when conveyed related to a biomaterial framework, Mesenchymal stem cells have exhibited the capacity to help set up new bone in creature models. MSCs “multipurpose” capacity makes these phones a potential asset for some tissue recovery and building applications.
8. ______________ is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone.
Explanation: Osteoporosis is a bone ailment that happens when the body loses a lot of bone, makes excessively minimal bone, or both. Subsequently, bones become powerless and may part from a fall or, in genuine cases, from sniffling or minor knocks.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Tissue Engineering.
To practice all areas of Tissue Engineering for Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!