This set of Tissue Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Electrochemical Biosensing Methods”.
1. ________________ biosensors are a class of electrochemical biosensors that transduce the biological recognition events caused by electroactive species at the sensing surface into a current signal for the quantification of an analyte within a sample matrix.
Explanation: Amperometric biosensors are a class of electrochemical biosensors that transduce the natural acknowledgment occasions brought about by electroactive species at the detecting surface into a present sign for the measurement of an analyte inside an example grid. The inherent straightforwardness of the transducer fits minimal effort compact gadgets for applications going from ailment finding to ecological observing.
2. _________ refers to the measurement of the charge of electroactive species adsorbed on to an electrode with respect to time.
Explanation: Chronocoulometry alludes to the estimation of the charge of electroactive species adsorbed on to an anode as for time. One field of examination where chronocoulometry sensors are broadly utilized is the evaluation of nucleotidic atoms.
3. The type of biosensors that make use of electrodes that are ion-selective in nature in order to transduce the biological response into an electrical signal is known as _______ biosensors.
Explanation: Potentiometric biosensors utilize particle specific terminals so as to transduce the organic response into an electrical sign. In the least difficult terms, this comprises of an immobilized chemical film encompassing the test from a pH-meter, where the catalyzed response produces or ingests hydrogen particles.
4. The conventional electrochemical cell contains three separate electrodes.
Explanation: The ordinary electrochemical cell contains three separate terminals: the working electrode (WE), the counter electrode (CE) and the reference electrode (RE).
5. In __________ information about an analyte is obtained by measuring the current as the potential is varied.
Explanation: Voltammetry has a place with a class of electro-logical techniques, through which data about an analyte is acquired by differing a potential and afterward estimating the subsequent current. It is, hence, an amperometric system.
5. __________ transducers are the most comprehensive and mostly used by research groups in biosensing analysis.
Explanation: Voltammetric transducers are the most far-reaching and for the most part utilized by research bunches in biosensing investigation. The sensor estimates the current-potential relationship. The potential is estimated in ‘no-current connected’ conditions. The potential where the redox pinnacles show up is explicit for the inspected species and the present pinnacle size is corresponding to the species.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Tissue Engineering.
To practice all areas of Tissue Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!