This set of Tissue Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers focuses on “Tissue Engineering for Other Tissues Including Skin, Liver, Lungs, Bladder and Pancreas using Stem Cells”.
1. _________ is a type of graft surgery involving the transplantation of skin.
a) Skin grafting
c) Endodermal replacement
d) Mucosal layer
Explanation: Skin grafting is a kind of join medical procedure including the transplantation of skin. The transplanted tissue is known as a skin unite. Skin joining is regularly used to treat: Extensive injuring or injury.
2. _____________ is when the blood-forming cells you received on transplant day start to grow and make healthy blood cells.
Explanation: Engraftment is the point at which the blood-framing cells you got on transplant day begin to develop and make solid platelets. It’s a significant achievement in your transplant recuperation.
3. _____________ is a late stage of scarring (fibrosis) of the liver.
Explanation: Cirrhosis is a later period of scarring (fibrosis) of the liver realized by various kinds of liver diseases and conditions, for instance, hepatitis and perpetual alcohol habit.
4. One of the main causes of liver Cirrhosis is metabolic syndrome.
Explanation: The fundamental driver of liver ailment incorporates liquor addiction, tranquilize misuse, hepatitis B or C infection contamination, cholestasis and metabolic disorder. Liver disappointment is related to quickly dynamic multiorgan disappointment and destroying inconveniences.
5. The _______________ the epithelium lining the surface of the urinary bladder is a unique cell type with high plasticity and a variety of cellular functions.
d) basal cells
Explanation: The urothelium, which is a transitional epithelium of endodermal birthplace, is important to counteract the section of hypertonic pee to the blood and the trading of harmful metabolites. About 90% of the urothelium is made out of basal cells, which are mitotically dynamic cells and 5% of the urothelium is populated by middle cells and shallow cells situated in the suprabasal and luminal layers, individual.
6. Cystectomy is a surgical way of removing a cyst.
Explanation: Cystectomy is a therapeutic term for the careful evacuation of all or part of the urinary bladder. It might likewise be once in a while used to allude to the expulsion of a pimple. The most widely recognized condition justifying the expulsion of the urinary bladder will be bladder malignant growth.
7. The pancreas is about 6 inches long and sits across the back of the abdomen, behind the stomach.
Explanation: The pancreas is around 6 inches in length and sits over the back of the guts, behind the stomach. The leader of the pancreas is on the correct side of the guts and is associated with the duodenum (the main area of the small intestine) through a little cylinder called the pancreatic duct.
8. A ____________ is a fluid-filled sac that forms in the abdomen comprised of pancreatic enzymes, blood and necrotic (dead) tissue.
a) pancreatic pseudocyst
b) liver hepatocyte
c) pancreatic cancer
d) brain tumor
Explanation: A pancreatic pseudocyst is a fluid-filled sac that structures in the stomach region included pancreatic-proteins, blood and necrotic tissue. Pancreatic pseudocysts represent around 75% of each pancreatic mass and generally are complexities of ceaseless pancreatitis.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Tissue Engineering.
To practice all areas of Tissue Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Buy Biotechnology Books
- Apply for Tissue Engineering Internship
- Buy Tissue Engineering Books
- Apply for Biotechnology Internship
- Practice Biotechnology MCQs