Pre-requisite / Skillset for Theory of Machines Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on the principles of kinematics and dynamics of machines.
2. Ability to calculate the velocity and acceleration for 4 bar and slider crank mechanism.
3. Able to develop cam profile for followers executing various types of motions.
4. Must be capable of applying the concept of gear, gear train and flywheel for power transmission.
5. Should be able to apply dynamic force analysis for slider crank mechanism and balance rotating & reciprocating masses in machines.
6. Must be familiar with the concepts of gyroscope, governors in fluctuation of load and brake & dynamometer in power transmission.
7. Ability to identify mechanisms, predict their motion and calculate the degrees of freedom of mechanisms.
8. Able to analyze the kinematics of a linkage to determine position, velocity and acceleration variation on mechanisms throughout its range of motion.
9. Should have the skills for designing and analyzing linkages, cams, gears, gear train and other mechanisms to produce a desired motion.
10. Must be familiar with the different methods of obtaining a mechanism and provide a foundation for the study of machine design.
11. Require adequate knowledge on the friction applications, gear and gear trains.
12. Must be familiar with the fundamentals related to motion of cam and follower and fly wheel balancing.
13. Must be familiar with the theory of machines pertaining to agricultural engineering.
Theory of Machines Internship Test
Intern has to take Theory of Machines internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Theory of Machines topic.
1. A linkage containing a screw pair is an example of
(A) Planar mechanism
(B) Spatial mechanism
(C) Flexure mechanism
(D) Spherical mechanism
Explanation: Relative motion within a screw pair is helical. It is not constrained to one plane. Hence, a linkage containing a screw pair is an example of spatial mechanism.
2. Mobility is different than the number of degrees of freedom. True or false?
Explanation: The mobility or number of degrees of freedom of a rigid body is defined as the number of independent movement the body has. The number of parameters that must be controlled independently to get the device in a particular position is mobility. Mobility and number of degrees of freedom are the same thing.
3. The relative motions between different links changes due to the process of inversion. True or false?
Explanation: The relative motions between the various links do not change through the process of inversion, but the motions measured with respect to the fixed link change. Thus, the given statement is false.
4. If the link opposite to the shortest link is fixed, what type of mechanism is obtained?
(A) Double crank mechanism
(B) Linkage is not planar
(C) Double rocker mechanism
(D) Crank rocker mechanism
Explanation: When the link opposite to the shortest link if fixed, the shortest link is able to make a complete revolution but the two links adjacent to it oscillate between limits and are called rockers. Thus, this mechanism is called as double rocker mechanism.
5. __________ mechanism is a crossed four bar chain mechanism in early steam engines to guide the piston rod in a cylinder to have an approximate straight line motion.
Explanation: Watt’s mechanism is a four bar chain mechanism and was used by Watt in steam engines so as to guide the piston rod into a cylinder to have a straight line motion. Due to the rotation motion of the longer links, the centre of the shorter link traces an approximate straight line.
Practice the full set of Theory of Machines Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Theory of Machines Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Theory of Machines Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Theory of Machines Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Theory of Machines, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Theory of Machines subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Theory of Machines".
2. Theory of Machines articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Theory of Machines Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Theory of Machines Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Theory of Machines Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Theory of Machines" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Theory of Machines InternshipIf you are looking for "Theory of Machines" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Theory of Machines, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Theory of Machines InternshipWho can apply for Theory of Machines content writing internship?
Students who had studied Theory of Machines in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Theory of Machines.
What are the skill sets required for Theory of Machines internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Theory of Machines internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Theory of Machines Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Theory of Machines?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Theory of Machines?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Theory of Machines. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Theory of Machines internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Theory of Machines at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]