This set of Surveying Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Triangulation System Classification”.
1. Which among the following indicates the correct necessity of classification of the triangulation system?
a) For measuring in any way
b) For accuracy in measurement
c) For covering the entire field
d) For reducing the work process
Explanation: The classification of the survey field into a triangulation system helps in covering the entire area, but the main intention is to have accuracy in the measurement values obtained.
2. The figure given below describes which of the following methods?
a) Quadruple chain triangulation
b) Triple chain triangulation
c) Single chain triangulation
d) Double chain triangulation
Explanation: This process is adopted in case of obtaining output in less time. Due to obtaining output in less time, the accuracy is not up to the mark and is not suitable in case of primary works.
3. Among the classification of triangulation system, which posses the highest order?
Explanation: The primary or first order classification of triangulation system provides the necessary output with high accuracy because of its high order when compared to secondary and tertiary.
4. In which of the following areas, the usage of primary triangulation is done?
a) Measuring fields
b) Measuring built up lands
c) Measuring earths figure
d) Measuring unused lands
Explanation: Due to its high accuracy and high order presence, the primary triangulation is adopted for important works like measuring the earth’s figure and also for other government related works.
5. Length of base line in primary triangulation is given as____________
a) 1.5 – 5 km
b) 0.5 – 10 km
c) 0.5 – 3 km
d) 5 – 15 km
Explanation: For applying the triangulation system, certain parameters will be assumed and length of base line is one among them. It is assumed as 5-15 km in primary, 1.5-5 km in secondary, 0.5-3 km in tertiary triangulation system.
6. When compared to primary triangulation, secondary triangulation is having smaller triangles.
Explanation: When compared to primary triangulation, secondary triangulation and tertiary triangulation are having less order which decreases its accuracy. So in order to obtain stable values the formation of number of triangles in a framework increases.
7. Among the classification of triangulation, which will give the precise value?
Explanation: Because of the presence of high order when compared to the remaining classifications, primary triangulation can provide precise and accurate values than the remaining.
8. Which classification involves the formation of more number of triangles?
Explanation: Due to the presence of less order than the remaining classifications, tertiary triangulation involves the formation of more number of triangles which makes it a tedious process.
9. Which triangulation system has the least probability of occurring errors?
Explanation: Primary triangulation involves the formation of triangles in a frame work which covers a vast area. The triangles formed will be having high accuracy in obtained values which might serve as the best method with least errors.
10. Which triangulation system is will not give more accurate results?
b) Single chain
c) Double chain
d) Central point
Explanation: In a single chain of triangles, narrow strips are used for covering the terrain. This process can be useful in case of obtaining results in a rapid way within the expenditure. But it is not suitable for primary works.
11. Covering whole survey area with primary triangulation but filling the gaps with secondary and tertiary triangulation involves in which among the following processes?
a) Central system
b) Quaternary triangulation
c) Grid iron system
d) Well conditioned system
Explanation: The grid system involves formation of framework with primary triangulation but filling the parallel and perpendicular with secondary and tertiary triangulation systems. It is the widely used process in India and central system is adopted in U.K.
Explanation: Double chains of triangulation can be applied in case of covering a large area within a short span of time. It is also somewhat related to the single chain triangles. This method is also not capable of producing accurate values.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Surveying.
To practice all areas of Surveying, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.