This set of Structural Analysis Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Types Of Structural Loads – 2”.
1. Find the value of reduction factor R2 if F (rise to span ratio in inches) is given to be 5.
Explanation: R2 = 1.2 – 0.05F if 4 < F < 12.
2. What will be the value of reduction factor R1 if value of At is given to be 500ft2
Explanation: R1 = 1.2-.001At if 200ft2 < At < 600ft2.
3. Which type of drainage system will collect the rainwater?
d) Primary and tertiary
Explanation: Primary system will collect the rainwater through surface drains on the roof and direct it to the storm sewers.
4. What will be the rain load (in psf) if ds is 2 inches and dh is 1 inches?
Explanation: R= 5.2(ds + dh).
5. Which out of the following is the static head?
c) ds + dh
d) ds – dh
Explanation: Static head is the depth of water on the undeflected roof up to the inlet of the secondary drainage system when the primary one is blocked.
6. What will be the flow rate (in gallons per minute) if A is 10 ft2 and rainfall intensity is 2 inches per hour?
Explanation: Q = 0.0104Ai, where I is the intensity of rainfall in inches per hour.
7. What is the value of average wind pressure (in psf) for height more than 100ft which is generally adopted?
Explanation: 20psf for 0-100 and 30psf for ht. > 100ft.
8. In which type of roofs are scuppers used?
a) Large area
b) Small area
c) Large width
d) Small width
Explanation: Scuppers are holes which are used to drain out extra clogged rain water.
9 In which of the following cases is ASCE procedure not applied?
a) Enclosed structure
b) Regular shape grid
c) High rise structure
d) Roof with 60 ft. height
Explanation: This method is applied in low rise structures along with enclosed, regular shaped and that with s roof height <=60ft.
10. What will be the wind pressure (ps) if adjustment factor (λ) is 2, importance factor is 5, while ps30 is 80N/m2?
a) 600 N/m2
b) 700 N/m2
c) 800 N/m2
d) 900 N/m2
Explanation: ps = λIps30.
11. What will be the velocity pressure at a height of 80ft. if k80 = 0.5, k80t = 1.2, kd = 1.3, V = 120mph and I = 1.67?
Explanation: qz = 0.00256 kz kzt kd v2I, where qz is wind pressure at height z.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Structural Analysis.
To practice all areas of Structural Analysis for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.