Pre-requisite / Skillset for Structural Analysis Internship
1. Intern must have knowledge on the various concepts involved in the analyses of the structures.
2. Ability to analyze the statically determinate structures with reference to the variation in the temperature.
3. Should be familiar with the concept of static and kinematic indeterminacy (degrees of freedom) of the structures such as beams & rigid pin jointed frames.
4. Should have adequate knowledge on the concepts/broad methods, sub-methods involved in the analysis of indeterminate structures.
5. Must apply various methods for analyzing the indeterminate structures to evaluate the response of such structures in the form of bending moment, shear force, axial force etc.
6. Must be familiar with the methods of analysis of beams and frames.
7. Require knowledge on the type of structures and method for their analysis.
8. Able to analyze different types of trusses for member forces.
9. Ability to compute slope and deflection in determinate structures using different methods.
10. Should be able to apply the concept of influence lines and moving loads to compute bending moment and shear force at different sections.
11. Ability to analyze determinate arches for different loading conditions.
12. Require an insight into the stress – strain energy principles, slope deflection method and moment distribution method.
13. Ability to model loads on structures and analyse structural elements including beams, columns and cylinders.
14. Ability to determine deflections of beams and frames.
Structural Analysis Internship Test
Intern has to take Structural Analysis internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Structural Analysis topic.
1. When column supports the top floor of a building, then live load reduction is:-
(B) Not permitted
(C) Depends upon type of beam
(D) Depends upon amount of load
Explanation: When column support a floor, it should be thought of as supporting a single floor only.
2. Live load element factor KLL remains constant for all types of structure.
State whether this statement is true or false.
Explanation: Live load element factor KLL depends upon type of structure in question.
3. In the above question, using factor of 0.75 is:-
(B) Compulsory in some case
(C) Depends upon the engineer
(D) Depends upon loads
Explanation: Factor of 0.75 is only helping in listing the minimum conditions to be considered.
4. In case of wind and seismic loads, how many times do we have to apply applicable equations?
Explanation: Wind and seismic loads can have two values depending upon direction of those forces, and it is possible for the sign of them to be different.
5. How does an increase in the pitch of the roof affects the amount of load that can be placed on it?
(A) It increases
(B) It decreases
(C) Remains constant
(D) Depends upon case
Explanation: As rise increases w.r.t span, load carrying capacity decreases.
Practice the full set of Structural Analysis Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Structural Analysis Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Structural Analysis Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Structural Analysis Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Structural Analysis, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Structural Analysis subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Structural Analysis".
2. Structural Analysis articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Structural Analysis Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Structural Analysis Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Structural Analysis Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Structural Analysis" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Structural Analysis InternshipIf you are looking for "Structural Analysis" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Structural Analysis, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Structural Analysis InternshipWho can apply for Structural Analysis content writing internship?
Students who had studied Structural Analysis in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Structural Analysis.
What are the skill sets required for Structural Analysis internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Structural Analysis internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Structural Analysis Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Structural Analysis?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Structural Analysis?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Structural Analysis. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Structural Analysis internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Structural Analysis at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]