Anyone looking to build a great career in Systems Domain of Engineering should plan to choose a technology track and dedicate next 6 months to learn and assimilate the technology systematically. One can choose to be a Linux Kernel and Drivers Developer, Linux Systems Developer, Linux Network Developer or a SAN Developer. These jobs are highly rewarded as well as respected in the IT industry with salaries ranging from 3 to 50 Lakhs per annum in India with following indicative breakup:
Experience: 2 – 5 Years, Salary: 5 to 15 Lakhs
Experience: 5 – 10 Years, Salary: 10 to 25 Lakhs
Experience: 10 – 15 Years, Salary: 20 to 35 Lakhs
Experience: 15 – 20 Years, Salary: 30 to 50+ Lakhs
Skill set needed for such positions (Taken from Top Technology Companies Job Postings):
- Proven experience in independently designing, developing and delivering big and complex software products
- Expert level knowledge in developing and maintaining high performance multi-threaded servers
- Strong hands-on programming experience using C/C++ – must have knowledge in memory management, and locking strategies to optimize performance
- Experience in design, development of system infrastructure software, such as high availability and In-service software upgrade for complex storage and networking products.
- Hands-on experience in programming in C and Linux software environments for high end CPUs and Network Processors
- Proficiency in programming in C/C++, development of algorithm using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code, debugging and troubleshooting under Linux environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux interrupt handling
- Experiences working with one or more types of network processors
- Excellent debugging skills
- Knowledge and experience with Build environment/tools
- Ability to evaluate and integrate Third-Party technologies into an existing codebase
- Find satisfaction in creating a really well-written piece of code
How one can build these Skills?
Being part of technology and product development cycle for over 20+ years, we fully understand the software development model and what are the real skills needed for that. This type of career is extremely rewarding and is also evergreen and recession proof. One can target many Product MNCs and Top IT Companies in India. Our programs are extremely focused on a Track. Choose the track that you want to build your career on:
2. Linux Kernel Developer
3. Linux Network Developer
4. Linux Driver Developer