Pre-requisite / Skillset for Renewable Energy Internship
1. Intern should be able to identify the non conventional resources and understand solar cell material, array, power plant and its limitations.
2. Should be familiar with solar thermal energy, collectors and analyze solar thermal power plant for power generation, energy storage for heating and cooling purposes.
3. Should have knowledge on Geothermal Energy, Principle of working of MHD Power plant and Fuel Cells.
4. Should be familiar with wind energy and energy conversion system.
5. Understanding Biomass and familiar with OTEC and Waste Recycling Plants.
6. Brief knowledge about the various renewable energy technologies and their applications.
7. Provide analysis of energy conversion, utilization and storage for renewable technologies.
8. Require knowledge about various possible hybrid energy systems.
9. Overview of the promising areas of new and renewable sources of energy.
10. Should be able to understand environmental consequences of energy conversion and how renewable energy can reduce air pollution and positively affect the global climate change.
Renewable Energy Internship Test
Intern has to take Renewable Energy internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Renewable Energy topic.
1. The unit of energy yield ratio is _____
Explanation: Energy yield ratio is the ratio of energy provided by a system to the energy required to make it which makes it dimensionless since it is the ratio of two quantities with the same unit.
2. Which of the following schemes was launched by MNRE?
Explanation: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy(MNRE) launched the Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM) scheme for farmers for installation of solar pumps and grid-connected solar and other renewable power plants in the India. This scheme was launched with the aim to promote solar farming in India. Its launch was approved on 19 February 2019 by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA).
3. Based on the following statements, choose the correct option.
Statement I: The technology for harnessing fossil fuels is well developed.
Statement II: Fossil fuels are a cheap source of energy.
(A) Statement -I is true, Statement -II is true and Statement -II is the correct explanation of Statement -I
(B) Statement-I is true, Statement -II is true and Statement -II is not the correct explanation of Statement-II
(C) Statement -I is true and Statement -II is false
(D) Statement -I is false and Statement -II is true
Explanation: The technology for harnessing fossil fuels is well developed because fossil fuels are being used for many decades. At present Fossil Fuels are Cheaper than non-conventional energy sources. Hence both the statements are correct but statement-II doesn’t explain statement-I.
4. The storage of renewable energy sources is expensive.
Explanation: Due to their intermittent nature, renewable energy sources are needed to be stored. Currently, the storage systems of renewable energy are expensive.
5. Dams and reservoirs lead to adverse environmental and sociological impacts.
Explanation: Dams and reservoirs lead to adverse environmental and sociological impacts. Construction of dams destroys aquatic habitat and affects the life in coastal areas. For instance, migratory fishes are prevented from their journey which immensely affects the population of the species.
Practice the full set of Renewable Energy Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Renewable Energy Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Renewable Energy Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Renewable Energy Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Renewable Energy, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Renewable Energy subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Renewable Energy".
2. Renewable Energy articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Renewable Energy Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Renewable Energy Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Renewable Energy Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Renewable Energy" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Renewable Energy InternshipIf you are looking for "Renewable Energy" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Renewable Energy, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Renewable Energy InternshipWho can apply for Renewable Energy content writing internship?
Students who had studied Renewable Energy in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Renewable Energy.
What are the skill sets required for Renewable Energy internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Renewable Energy internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Renewable Energy Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Renewable Energy?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Renewable Energy?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Renewable Energy. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Renewable Energy internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Renewable Energy at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]