Pre-requisite / Skillset for RDBMS Internship
1. Intern should have the ability to describe sound introduction to the discipline of database management systems.
2. Should be able to provide formal foundation on the relational model of data and usage of Relational Algebra.
3. Should be familiar with the concepts of basic SQL as a universal database language.
4. Require knowledge on advanced SQL topics like embedded SQL, procedures connectivity through JDBC.
5. Ability to demonstrate the principles behind systematic database design approaches by covering conceptual design, logical design through normalization.
6. Overview of physical design of a database system, database indexing techniques and storage techniques.
7. Able to identify, analyze and define database objects, enforce integrity constraints on a database using RDBMS.
8. Should know how to use Structured Query Language (SQL) for database manipulation.
9. Must be able to design and build simple database systems.
10. Should be able to develop application to interact with databases.
RDBMS Internship Test
Intern has to take RDBMS internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the RDBMS topic.
1. State true or false: If a relation consists of a foreign key, then it is called a referenced relation of the foreign key dependency.
Explanation: If a relation has a foreign key, then it is called a referencing relation of the foreign key dependency.
2. What does the notnull integrity constraint do?
(A) It ensures that at least one tuple is present in the relation
(B) It ensures that at least one foreign key is present in the relation
(C) It ensures that all tuples have a finite value on a specified attribute
(D) It ensures that all tuples have finite attributes on all the relations
Explanation: The notnull integrity constraint ensures that all the tuples have a finite value on the specified attribute in the relation. It avoids the specification of null values.
3. Which keyword is used to rename a relation in a query?
Explanation: The “as” keyword is used to rename a relation in a query. This is used for convenience as long relation names can reduce readability.
4. Which of the following correctly describes the between predicate in the where clause?
(A) It is used to check whether a value is in between two specified values
(B) It is used to check whether a value is exactly in the center of the relation alphabetically
(C) It is used to check whether a value is in between any two other values in the database
(D) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The between predicate in the where clause is used to check whether a value is in between two externally specified values. This clause is used to list out all tuples having a value within a range.
5. Which keyword is used to rename the resulting attribute after the application of the aggregation function?
Explanation: The “as” keyword is used to rename the resulting attribute after the aggregation function has been applied. Just like any other renaming operation, the as keyword simplifies the name of the relation.
Practice the full set of RDBMS Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the RDBMS Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the RDBMS Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. RDBMS Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for RDBMS, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on RDBMS subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "RDBMS".
2. RDBMS articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. RDBMS Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. RDBMS Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. RDBMS Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "RDBMS" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for RDBMS InternshipIf you are looking for "RDBMS" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in RDBMS, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - RDBMS InternshipWho can apply for RDBMS content writing internship?
Students who had studied RDBMS in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on RDBMS.
What are the skill sets required for RDBMS internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for RDBMS internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for RDBMS Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on RDBMS?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on RDBMS?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in RDBMS. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for RDBMS internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in RDBMS at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]