This is a Python Program to find the sum of digits in a number without using recursion.
The program takes a number and finds the sum of digits without using recursion.
1. Take a number from the user.
2. Using a while loop, obtain each digit and append it to the list.
3. Use the sum() function to obtain the sum of digits in the list.
Here is source code of the Python Program to find the sum of digits in a number without using recursion. The program output is also shown below.
l= b=int(input("Enter a number: ")) while(b>0): dig=b%10 l.append(dig) b=b//10 print("Sum is:") print(sum(l))
1. User must enter a number.
3. The condition for the while loop is that the number should be greater than 0.
4. Otherwise, each digit is obtain and appended to the list.
5. The sum of elements in the list is obtained using the sum() function and printed which is the sum of digits of the number.
Case 1: Enter a number: 123 Sum is: 6 Case 2: Enter a number: 567 Sum is: 18
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.