This is a Python Program to print prime numbers in a range using Sieve of Eratosthenes.
The program takes a range and prints prime numbers in that range using Sieve of Eratosthenes.
1. Take the value of n from the user.
2. Initialise the sieve with numbers from 2 to n.
3. Use a while loop with the condition that the sieve is not empty
4. Get the smallest number that is prime
5. Remove that number and it’s multiples
6. Continue till the sieve is empty
Here is the source code of the Python Program to takes a range and print prime numbers in that range using Sieve of Eratosthenes. The program output is also shown below.
n=int(input("Enter upper limit of range: ")) sieve=set(range(2,n+1)) while sieve: prime=min(sieve) print(prime,end="\t") sieve-=set(range(prime,n+1,prime)) print()
1. User must first enter the value for upper limit of range and store it in a variable n.
2. The sieve is initialised to a set which ranges from 2 to n( as n+1 is not included).
3. The while loop is used to ensure that the sieve isn’t empty.
4. The variable prime is initialised with the least number in the sieve and the prime number is printed.
5. The sieve is then removed with all multiples of the prime number.
6. Steps 4 and 5 continue till value of sieve becomes empty.
Case 1: Enter upper limit of range: 10 2 3 5 7 Case 2: Enter upper limit of range: 15 2 3 5 7 11 13
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Python Programming
- Participate in Python Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Python Programming
- Take Python Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Python Internship
- Buy Information Technology Books
- Buy Python Books
- Apply for Programming Internship
- Practice Programming MCQs