This is a Python Program to read a file and capitalize the first letter of every word in the file.
The program reads a file and capitalizes the first letter of every word in the file.
1. Take the file name from the user.
2. Read each line from the file and use the title() function to capitalize each word in the line.
3. Print the altered lines of the file.
Here is source code of the Python Program that reads a file and capitalizes the first letter of every word in the file. The program output is also shown below.
fname = input("Enter file name: ") with open(fname, 'r') as f: for line in f: l=line.title() print(l)
1. User must enter a file name.
2. The file is opened using the open() function in the read mode.
3. A for loop is used to read through each line in the file.
4. Each word in the line is capitalized using the title() function.
5. The altered lines are printed.
Case 1: Contents of file: hello world hello Output: Enter file name: read.txt Hello World Hello Case 2: Contents of file: test1 test2 Output: Enter file name: read2.txt Test1 Test2
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.