This is a Python Program to find the sum of series: 1 + x^2/2 + x^3/3 + … x^n/n.
The program takes in the the number of terms and finds the sum of series: 1 + x^2/2 + x^3/3 + … x^n/n.
1. Take in the number of terms to find the sum of the series for.
2. Initialize the sum variable to 0.
3. Use a for loop ranging from 1 to the number and find the sum of the series.
4. Print the sum of the series after rounding it off to two decimal places.
Here is source code of the Python Program to find the sum of series: 1 + 1/2 + 1/3 + ….. + 1/N. The program output is also shown below.
n=int(input("Enter the number of terms:")) x=int(input("Enter the value of x:")) sum1=1 for i in range(2,n+1): sum1=sum1+((x**i)/i) print("The sum of series is",round(sum1,2))
1. User must enter the number of terms to find the sum of.
2. The sum variable is initialized to 0.
3. The for loop is used to find the sum of the series and the number is incremented for each iteration.
4. The numbers are added to the sum variable and this continues till the value of i reaches the number of terms.
5. Then the sum of the series is printed.
Case 1: Enter the number of terms:3 Enter the value of x:1 The sum of series is 1.83 Case 2: Enter the number of terms:5 Enter the value of x:2 The sum of series is 16.07
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.