This is a Python Program to count the number of vowels in a string.
The program takes a string and counts the number of vowels in a string.
1. Take a string from the user and store it in a variable.
2. Initialize a count variable to 0.
3. Use a for loop to traverse through the characters in the string.
4. Use an if statement to check if the character is a vowel or not and increment the count variable if it is a vowel.
5. Print the total number of vowels in the string.
Here is source code of the Python Program to remove the nth index character from a non-empty string. The program output is also shown below.
string=raw_input("Enter string:") vowels=0 for i in string: if(i=='a' or i=='e' or i=='i' or i=='o' or i=='u' or i=='A' or i=='E' or i=='I' or i=='O' or i=='U'): vowels=vowels+1 print("Number of vowels are:") print(vowels)
1. User must enter a string and store it in a variable.
2. The count variable is initialized to zero.
3. The for loop is used to traverse through the characters in the string.
4. An if statement checks if the character is a vowel or not.
5. The count is incremented each time a vowel is encountered.
6. The total count of vowels in the string is printed.
Case 1: Enter string:Hello world Number of vowels are: 3 Case 2: Enter string:WELCOME Number of vowels are: 3
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.