This is a Python Program to check if a string is a palindrome or not.
The program takes a string and checks if a string is a palindrome or not.
1. Take a string from the user and store it in a variable.
2. Reverse the string using string slicing and compare it back to the original string.
3. Print the final result
Here is source code of the Python Program to check if a string is a palindrome or not. The program output is also shown below.
string=raw_input("Enter string:") if(string==string[::-1]): print("The string is a palindrome") else: print("The string isn't a palindrome")
1. User must enter a string and store it in a variable.
2. The string is reversed using string slicing and it is compared back to the non-reversed string.
3. If they both are equal, the strings are palindromes.
4. If they aren’t equal, the strings aren’t palindromes.
6. The final result is printed.
Case 1: Enter string:malayalam The string is a palindrome Case 2: Enter string:hello The string isn't a palindrome
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.