This is a Python program to check whether a string is a palindrome using a stack.
The program prompts the user for a string and determines whether it is a palindrome with the help of a stack.
1. Create a class Stack with instance variable items initialized to an empty list.
2. Define methods push, pop and is_empty inside the class Stack.
3. The method push appends data to items.
4. The method pop pops the first element in items.
5. The method is_empty returns True only if items is empty.
6. Prompt the user for a string and push all the characters to a stack.
7. Construct the reversed string by popping characters from the stack.
8. Deterime whether the string is palindromic by comparing the two strings.
Here is the source code of a Python program to check whether a string is a palindrome using a stack. The program output is shown below.
class Stack: def __init__(self): self.items =  def is_empty(self): return self.items ==  def push(self, data): self.items.append(data) def pop(self): return self.items.pop() s = Stack() text = input('Please enter the string: ') for character in text: s.push(character) reversed_text = '' while not s.is_empty(): reversed_text = reversed_text + s.pop() if text == reversed_text: print('The string is a palindrome.') else: print('The string is not a palindrome.')
1. An instance of Stack is created.
2. The user is prompted to enter a string.
3. The characters of the string are pushed to the stack.
4. The reversed string is constructed by popping the characters from the stack.
5. If the reversed string and the original string are the same, then the string is palindromic.
6. The result is displayed.
Case 1: Please enter the string: madam The string is a palindrome. Case 2: Please enter the string: racecar The string is a palindrome. Case 3: Please enter the string: palace The string is not a palindrome.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Python Programming
- Participate in Python Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Python Programming
- Take Python Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10