This set of Pulp and Paper Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Tristimulus Systems”.
1. Since there are 3 types of color sensors in the human eye, it should be possible to define color by 3 coefficients corresponding to the primary colors.
Explanation: Trichromaticism is the condition of possessing 3 self-supporting channels for conveying color information, derived from the 3 various cone types. The organism’s retina contains 3 types of color receptors with various absorption spectra.
2. Any color of any brightness could then be plotted on a 3—dimensional coordinate system, sometimes known as a __________
a) Color space
Explanation: The exact wavelengths of these primary colors must be agreed upon and are the basis of the coefficients. It’s also known as the color model and is an abstract mathematical model which simply describes the range of colors as tuples of number’s, typically as 3 or 4 values or color components.
3. If one ignores brightness, then a color plane that intersects through the space; such a diagram is known as chromaticity chart and takes into account hue and saturation.
Explanation: Chromaticity is an objective specification of the quality of a color listless of its luminance. It consists of 2 independent parameters, often specified as hue and colorfulness, where the latter is alternatively known as saturation, chroma, or intensity.
4. The __________ is a non-quantitative 3 dimensional system for plotting colors.
Explanation: It was specifically derived such that there is uniform spacing of perception. In other words, the distance required such that the observer could recognize 2 separate shades is about the same throughout the system. The value correlates with the brightness from black to perfect diffuse reflectance.
5. The 1st quantitative tristimulus system was formed by the __________ which defines the internationally accepted standard observer, utilized in the other systems.
Explanation: It’s the international authority on light, illumination, color, and color spaces. It was established in 1913 as a successor to the Commission Internationale de Photométrie and is today based in Vienna, Austria.
6. Who is the president of International Communication on Illumination?
a) Martin Scorsese
b) Yoshihiro Ohno
c) Stanley Kubrick
d) Alfred Hitchcock
Explanation: As of 2015, the president is Yoshiro Ohno from United States.
7. If monochromatic green light of wavelength 520 nano meter is mixed with various parts of white light the line is produced that goes from 520 nano meter to __________ light. This line accounts to various shades of the same hue.
a) Red light
b) Green light
c) Pink light
d) Orange light
Explanation: This line corresponds to various shades of various excitation purities of the same hue of dominant wavelength. A color, therefore, could be described by its dominant wavelength and excitation purity or its x and y values.
8. The chromaticity diagram is a plot of x and y values. The data are plotted every 10 nm from 380 nano meter to 720 nano meter; plotting every 1 nm would have made the curve smoother.
Explanation: The C.I.E. xyz color space was deliberately designed so that the Y parameter was a measure of the luminance of a color. The chromaticity of a color was then specified by the 2 derived parameters x and y.
9. __________ values could be obtained by the comparison method where the color is matched by mixing 3 primary standards until visual observation gives a match, spectrophotometric analysis, or utilize of trichromatic methods employing analysis with 3 separate filters.
d) Black body
Explanation: Any color which could be produced by the primary colors blue, green, and red could be written:
where Blue, Green, and Red could be considered to be unit values for Blue, Green, and Red are the magnitudes or relative intensities of those primaries and are known as tristimulus values. Note that the unit values associated with Blue, Green, and Red are of various size in physical power units (watts) because the sensitivity of the eye will be various for the various primary colors.
10. __________ systems, these systems have to utilize efficient encoding of information because their transmissions have limited bandwidth during broadcast.
b) Video color
c) Grey body
d) Red body
Explanation: Also, they must be compatible with black and white systems. This point is mentioned because the utilization of video based color is crucial in computer vision and other techniques, which will have more importance to the industry in the future.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Pulp and Paper.
To practice all areas of Pulp and Paper for Aptitude test, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.