Pre-requisite / Skillset for Pulp & Paper Engineering Internship
1. Intern should have adequate knowledge on raw materials of paper and its yield.
2. Paper manufacturing processes starting from raw materials, pre-treatment and equipment usage should be known.
3. Should be aware of paper making from wet pulp to papers with suitable additives for quality.
4. Must be aware of paper drying and finishing processes, quality checks and recycling of paper.
5. Being familiar with industrial support systems for paper factory and environmental considerations.
6. Should be capable of explaining environmental aspects related to paper industry.
7. Must be familiar with the wood chemistry, basic pulp and papermaking processes from different raw materials.
8. Should be acquainted with raw material characteristics, physical and mechanical concepts, nomenclature and procedures related to evaluating paper and paper board product properties.
9. Should be familiar with chemical recovery systems and bleaching of mechanical pulps, also treatment of effluent should be known.
10. Intern should be able to explain the most important structural and chemical properties of wood and fibres from bases of papermaking.
11. Should have knowledge on papermaking science and technology.
Pulp & Paper Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Pulp & Paper Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Pulp & Paper Engineering topic.
1. What are some important pulping variables of wood and wood chip?
(A) Bark content
(B) Spring wood
(C) Summer wood
(D) Autumn wood
Explanation: Mills recovering extractives use FIFO to obtain high terpene recoveries.
2. Fuel value of softwood is less than hardwood.
Explanation: The value for softwood is higher due to higher lignen content.
3. At the bottom of the pass __________ are collected?
Explanation: The definition of fines varies with mill species, but fines generally consist of material passing through 3mm screen
4. Which one is a volume measuring method for a solid wood?
(A) Board foot
(D) Water displacement method
Explanation: A board foot is a volumetric measurement of solid wood. It is equal to 12 inch x 12 inch x 1 inch
5. According to the rule of thumb what is the value of chips yielded by the wood of 1 cubic meters?
(A) 3.5 cubic meters
(B) 2.6 cubic meters
(C) 0.2 cubic meters
(D) 6.8 cubic meters
Explanation: Rules of thumb are derived in order to identify an operating window that minimizes the volatilization of metals during thermochemical conversion of CCA in treated wood, while ensuring a good quality of charcoal product.
Practice the full set of Pulp & Paper Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Pulp & Paper Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Pulp & Paper Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Pulp & Paper Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Pulp & Paper Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Pulp & Paper Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Pulp & Paper Engineering".
2. Pulp & Paper Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Pulp & Paper Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Pulp & Paper Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Pulp & Paper Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Pulp & Paper Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Pulp & Paper Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Pulp & Paper Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Pulp & Paper Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Pulp & Paper Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Pulp & Paper Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Pulp & Paper Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Pulp & Paper Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Pulp & Paper Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Pulp & Paper Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Pulp & Paper Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Pulp & Paper Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Pulp & Paper Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Pulp & Paper Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Pulp & Paper Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Pulp & Paper Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]