Pre-requisite / Skillset for Probability and Statistics Internship
1. Intern should have fundamental knowledge on the concepts of probability and have knowledge of standard distributions which can describe real life phenomenon.
2. Require good knowledge on the topics like basic concepts of one and two dimensional random variables.
3. Should be capable of applying the concept of testing of hypothesis for small and large samples in real life problems.
4. Should know how to apply the basic concepts of classifications of design of experiments in the field of agriculture and statistical quality control.
5. Must have the notion of sampling distributions and statistical techniques used in engineering and management problems.
6. Skill to apply the statistical tools in engineering problems is required.
7. Should have knowledge on the basic concepts of probability and random variables.
8. Must know how to develop probability distribution of discrete, continuous random variables and joint probability distribution occurring in digital signal processing, design engineering and microwave engineering.
9. Should have an insight into applications of complex variables, conformal mapping and special functions arising in potential theory, quantum mechanics, heat conduction and field theory.
10. Must know how to construct joint probability distributions and demonstrate the validity of testing the hypothesis.
11. Must use the concepts of analytic function and complex potentials to solve the problems arising in electromagnetic field theory.
12. Should know how to utilize conformal transformation and complex integral arising in aerofoil theory, fluid flow visualization and image processing.
13. Should know how to apply discrete and continuous probability distributions in analyzing the probability models arising in engineering field.
14. Should have the ability to make use of the correlation and regression analysis to fit a suitable mathematical model for the statistical data.
Probability and Statistics Internship Test
Intern has to take Probability and Statistics internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Probability and Statistics topic.
1. What is the probability of an impossible event?
(C) Not defined
(D) Insufficient data
Explanation: If the probability of an event is 0, then it is called as an impossible event.
2. Previous probabilities in Bayes Theorem that are changed with help of new available information are classified as _________________
(A) independent probabilities
(B) posterior probabilities
(C) interior probabilities
(D) dependent probabilities
3. Number of circular permutations of different things taken all at a time is n!.
Explanation: The number of circular permutations of different things taken all at a time is n-1! and the number of linear permutations of different things taken all at a time is n!.
4. Mode is the value of x where f(x) is a maximum if X is continuous.
Explanation: For a continuous variable mode is defined as the value where f(x) is a maximum or it is defined as the quantity repeated maximum number of times.
5. If a variable can certain integer values between two given points is called ___________
(A) Continuous random variable
(B) Discrete random variable
(C) Irregular random variable
(D) Uncertain random variable
Explanation: This is the definition of a discrete random variable.
Practice the full set of Probability and Statistics Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Probability and Statistics Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Probability and Statistics Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Probability and Statistics Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Probability and Statistics, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Probability and Statistics subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Probability and Statistics".
2. Probability and Statistics articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Probability and Statistics Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Probability and Statistics Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Probability and Statistics Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Probability and Statistics" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Probability and Statistics InternshipIf you are looking for "Probability and Statistics" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Probability and Statistics, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Probability and Statistics InternshipWho can apply for Probability and Statistics content writing internship?
Students who had studied Probability and Statistics in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Probability and Statistics.
What are the skill sets required for Probability and Statistics internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Probability and Statistics internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Probability and Statistics Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Probability and Statistics?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Probability and Statistics?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Probability and Statistics. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Probability and Statistics internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Probability and Statistics at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]