Pre-requisite / Skillset for Power Systems Internship
1. Intern should have the ability to model the power system under steady state operating condition.
2. Ability to understand and apply iterative techniques for power flow analysis is required.
3. Should have the ability to model and carry out short circuit studies on power system.
4. Ability to model and analyze stability problems in power system 65 is required.
5. Should have the ability to acquire knowledge on Fault analysis.
6. Must have the ability to model and understand various power system components and carry out power flow, short circuit and stability studies.
7. Should be able to model and analyze stability problems in power system.
8. Should understand and apply iterative techniques for power flow analysis.
Power Systems Internship Test
Intern has to take Power Systems internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Power Systems topic.
1. Which of the following statement is true about hydroelectric power plant?
(A) Hydroelectric power plants are multipurpose.
(B) Due to non-uniform flow of water frequency control in such plants is very difficult.
(C) Hydroelectric power plant has high running cost
(D) Water is used as fuel in hydroelectric power plant
Explanation: It is because in addition to generation of electricity they are also used for irrigation, flood control etc. Frequency control in such plants is done easily just by controlling flow of water to the turbine through valves and gates. Due to low maintenance cost and no fuel requirement running cost of a plant is very low. Water is not fuel.
2. What is the function of booms?
(A) It supports the dam
(B) It supports the penstock
(C) It divert the Icebergs from flowing into the penstock
(D) To hold the turbine structure
Explanation: Booms are the one of those structures made at the intake. They are constructed to prevent unwanted solid materials from flowing into the penstock. Solid materials like icebergs, wood logs or other heavy materials which may cause damage to the turbine blades if reached there.
3. Guide vanes are used as governor in Kaplan turbine.
Explanation: Guide vanes are used as governor in Francis and Kaplan turbines. These guide vanes controls the flow of water to the turbine and hence governs the speed of rotation of turbine. Under different loading conditions the speed of rotation of turbine is needed to be controlled for constant frequency output.
4. Economisers are necessary to use for pressure of 70 kg/cm2 or more.
Explanation: High cost of fuel consumption, high load factor and high pressure and temperature conditions, all justify the use of economiser. Installation of economiser involves extra cost of installation, maintenance and regular cleaning and additional requirement of space.
5. Which of the following is a part of air and fuel gas circuit?
(C) Air preheater
(D) Cooling tower
Explanation: In air and fuel gas circuit air is drawn from the atmosphere by a forced draught fan or induced draught fan through the air preheater. In air preheater that air is heated by the heat of flue gases passing to the chimney and then admitted to the furnaces. Cooling tower and Condenser are parts of Cooling water circuit and Economiser is part of Feed water and steam circuit.
Practice the full set of Power Systems Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Power Systems Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Power Systems Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Power Systems Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Power Systems, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Power Systems subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Power Systems".
2. Power Systems articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Power Systems Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Power Systems Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Power Systems Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Power Systems" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Power Systems InternshipIf you are looking for "Power Systems" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Power Systems, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Power Systems InternshipWho can apply for Power Systems content writing internship?
Students who had studied Power Systems in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Power Systems.
What are the skill sets required for Power Systems internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Power Systems internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Power Systems Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Power Systems?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Power Systems?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Power Systems. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Power Systems internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Power Systems at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]