Pre-requisite / Skillset for Powder Metallurgy Internship
1. Intern must have the ability to understand and describe about various ways of producing metal powders.
2. Have the knowledge of metal powder characterization.
3. Ability to describe the various powder compaction process.
4. Should have the ability to select appropriate sintering techniques based on the requirement.
5. Must be familiar with powder metallurgy component in various fields.
6. Require adequate knowledge on powder preparation, characterization, compaction and sintering, powder metallurgy applications in aerospace, automobile and machining materials.
7. Must have knowledge on thermodynamics of polymer structure.
8. Should be able to identify various types of advance material in polymer, ceramics & composites.
9. Able to select polymerization reactor for a polymer product.
10. Must be capable of characterizing polymers and state polymer additives, blends and composites.
11. Should have knowledge of different types of composite material, their properties and application.
12. Must be familiar with various aspects related to polymerization and apply them for economic evaluation of chemical process and decide its feasibility.
13. Properties of various polymeric, ceramic and metallic materials and their application in various fields should be known.
Powder Metallurgy Internship Test
Intern has to take Powder Metallurgy internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Powder Metallurgy topic.
1. _______ is an exothermic combustion process that uses the heat generated during a reaction to sinter the material.
(B) Gas plasma sintering
(C) Spark plasma sintering
(D) Rate controlled sintering
Explanation: Self-propagating High-Temperature Synthesis (SHS) is an exothermic combustion process that uses the heat generated during a reaction to sinter the material. The process, although is very fast and economical, needs an additional densification step to make useful shapes and hence adds to cost and time.
2. Sintering can be considered as an irreversible thermodynamic process.
Explanation: Sintering is an irreversible thermodynamic process because the change in surface free energy during sintering is irreversible.
3. Which of the following is not a mechanism of by which surface transportation occur during solid-state sintering?
(A) Plastic flow
(B) Volume diffusion
(C) Viscous flow
(D) Surface diffusion
Explanation: In solid-state sintering, mass transportation can take place either by surface transportation, grain boundaries or bulk transportation. Surface transportation can occur through diffusion, adhesion or evaporation-condensation or by surface diffusion.
4. Diffusion occurs as a result of _______ gradient.
(B) Vacancy concentration
Explanation: The vacancy concentration gradient is the reason for the diffusion process to occur. This vacancy concentration depends on temperature and chemical potential gradient which occurs due to stress acting on the metal surface.
5. According to ______, there are six stages of sintering.
(B) Nabarro and Herring
Explanation: According to Hutteg, there are six stages of sintering for different increasing temperature regions that correspond to the dominance of different mechanisms such as adhesion along with particle rearrangement, surface diffusion, grain growth, lattice diffusion, recrystallization, and excessive grain growth respectively.
Practice the full set of Powder Metallurgy Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Powder Metallurgy Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Powder Metallurgy Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Powder Metallurgy Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Powder Metallurgy, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Powder Metallurgy subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Powder Metallurgy".
2. Powder Metallurgy articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Powder Metallurgy Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Powder Metallurgy Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Powder Metallurgy Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Powder Metallurgy" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Powder Metallurgy InternshipIf you are looking for "Powder Metallurgy" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Powder Metallurgy, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Powder Metallurgy InternshipWho can apply for Powder Metallurgy content writing internship?
Students who had studied Powder Metallurgy in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Powder Metallurgy.
What are the skill sets required for Powder Metallurgy internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Powder Metallurgy internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Powder Metallurgy Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Powder Metallurgy?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Powder Metallurgy?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Powder Metallurgy. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Powder Metallurgy internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Powder Metallurgy at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]