This set of Physics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Measurement of Time”.
1. Which of the following are NOT units of time?
b) Light year
c) Tropical year
Explanation: Light year is a unit of measurement of distance. Tropical year is the amount of time sun takes to return to the same position in the season cycle.
2. Which of the following unit is related to sound frequency?
Explanation: Decibel is the unit of sound intensity. Hertz is the unit for measuring sound frequency. Hertz is the inverse of second.
3. How many milliseconds make one second?
Explanation: Ten milliseconds make one second. 60 seconds make one minute. And 600 minutes make one hour.
4. How many decades are there in 1 century?
Explanation: One decade is made up of hundred years. One century is made up of 100 years. Hence, one century contains 10 decades.
5. How many years are there in one millennium?
Explanation: On millennium is equivalent to 1000 years. One millennium contains 100 centuries. It is used to represent huge time periods.
6. Which of the following gives the most accurate result for time measurement?
a) Wall clock
b) Digital watch
c) Quartz clock
d) Atomic clock
Explanation: Atomic clocks are the most accurate devices for time measurement. The most accurate atomic clock is the caesium atomic clock situated in Switzerland.
7. Which of the following is equivalent to one hour?
a) 36000 milliseconds
b) 3600 milliseconds
c) 3600000 milliseconds
d) 360000 milliseconds
Explanation: One hour is equal to 60 minutes. 60 minutes are equal to 3600 seconds. And 3600 seconds are equal to 36000 milliseconds as one second equals to 10 milliseconds.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice all areas of Physics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10