This set of Physics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Measurement of Length”.
1. Distance between two cities, in standard units will be measured in ______
Explanation: The standard unit of measurement is meter; hence the answer is meter. The distance between two cities is usually measured in kilometer but the standard unit is meter.
2. Which of the following devices cannot measure distance?
a) Vernier Calipers
Explanation: Protractor is used to measure angle. Vernier Calipers and Micrometer can measure distance very accurately. Ruler can measure accuracy up to one tenth of a millimeter.
3. How many inches are there in 1 yard?
Explanation: 36 inches make one yard. One Feet is made up of 12 inches. One-inch equals to 25.4 mm.
4. How many kilometers make one mile?
Explanation: One Kilometer is equal to 0.621371 miles. Inversely, one mile is equal to 1.60934 kilometers. Hence the closest option to the actual answer is 1.6.
5. How many kilometers make one nautical mile?
Explanation: One Nautical mile consists of 1.852 Kilometers. This unit is often used in air and water navigations.
6. Usually, what is the least count of a screw gauge?
a) 0.01 cm
b) 0.001 cm
c) 0.1 cm
d) 1 mm
Explanation: Usually the least count of a screw gauge is 0.001 cm or 0.01 mm. For more accurate results one might use a micrometer.
7. How many kilometers make one light year?
a) 9.4607 × 1012 km
b) 9.4607 × 109 km
c) 9.4607 × 1011 km
d) 9.4607 × 1010 km
Explanation: One Light year is equal to 9.4607 × 1012 km. In miles, it can be represented as nearly 6 million million miles.
8. Interplanetary distances are measured in ____
a) Light year
Explanation: Such huge distances are measured in Light years. One light year is the distance travelled by light in one year.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice all areas of Physics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10