This set of Physics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Forced Oscillations and Resonance”.
1. What is the frequency with which forced periodic oscillations oscillate?
a) Frequency of forced oscillator
b) Their natural frequency
c) No specific frequency
d) Sum of frequency of forced oscillator & their natural frequency
Explanation: In the case of forced oscillations, the oscillations made by the body do not depend on their natural frequency, instead they oscillate with the frequency of the forced oscillator.
2. Resonance occurs when frequency of forced oscillations is close to natural frequency. True or False?
Explanation: Resonance is the phenomenon of oscillation with increased amplitude when frequency of forced oscillator is close to natural frequency. The reason for this increase in amplitude is that the vibrations of the external oscillator match with the vibrations of particles being oscillated and thus there is a net increase in vibrations.
3. Higher the value of damping constant, higher will be the amplitude at resonance. True or False?
Explanation: Higher the value of damping lesser will be the effect of forced oscillations in increasing the amplitude close to natural frequency. Therefore, higher the value of damping constant, lesser will be the amplitude at resonance.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice all areas of Physics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10