This set of Physics Question Papers for Class 11 focuses on “Oscillations – Force Law for Simple Harmonic Motion”.
1. Force on particle, of mass ‘m’, undergoing SHM is given by: F = -kx. What is the relation between x and angular frequency w?
a) k = w2w
b) k = m√w
c) m = k/w2
d) m = k2/w
Explanation: The force on a particle in SHM = -mw2x(t).
Given that: F = -kx(t). We get:
k = mw2
Or m = k/w2.
2. Select the correct statement regarding the force on a particle in SHM.
a) It is linearly proportional to velocity
b) It is linearly proportional to position
c) It is directed away from the mean position
d) It is in the direction of velocity
Explanation: Force on a particle is always directed towards the mean position.
F = -mAw2sin(wt), when x = Asin(wt).
So, force is linearly proportional to position.
3. The force acting on a particle of mass 1kg is -2x, where x is the displacement from the mean position of SHM. What is the time period of oscillations?
a) 2π s
b) π√2 s
c) π s
d) 2√2π s
Explanation: Using k = mw2,
we get: 2 = 1w2
or w = √2.
Thus, time period = 2π/w = π√2 s.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice Physics Question Papers for Class 11, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10