This set of Physics Question Bank for Class 11 focuses on “Kinetic Theory – Molecular Nature of Matter”.
1. What is meant by mean free path?
a) It is the average distance a molecule travels without colliding
b) Average distance between 2 molecules
c) Average distance travelled by a molecule before colliding with a wall of the container
d) Sum of distance travelled by all molecules
Explanation: Mean free path of a molecule is defined as the average distance travelled by molecules before colliding.
2. Which of the following states of matter has the maximum value of mean free path?
Explanation: The atoms of gas have the most interatomic space and can therefore travel freely. This is why they travel longer distances without colliding and are therefore said to have the maximum mean free path.
3. John Dalton said that atoms are the smallest constituents of elements. True or False?
Explanation: Dalton had proposed the atomic theory to explain the laws of definite and multiple proportions. He said that atoms are the smallest constituents of elements.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice Physics Question Bank for Class 11, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10