This set of Physics Exam Questions for NEET Exam focuses on “International System of Units”.
1. The number of base units for measuring physical quantities according to the SI system are ____
Explanation: There are 7 base units for measuring physical quantities according to the SI system. They are kilogram (kg) for mass, second (s) for time, kelvin (K) for temperature, ampere (A) for electric current, mole (mol) for the amount of a substance, candela (cd) for luminous intensity, and meter (m) for distance.
2. What is the unit for measuring intensity of light?
Explanation: The unit for measuring luminous intensity is Candela (cd). Lightyear and Meter are units of distance. Mol is unit of amount of a substance.
3. What is the full form of SI?
a) Standard International
b) System International
c) Scientific International
d) Science International
Explanation: The full for of SI is System International. It was first adopted in 1960 in the General Conference on Weights and Measures.
4. What is the standard unit of measurement of Force?
Explanation: Newton is the SI unit for force. Joule and Newton-meter are the SI units for Energy and work. Meter is the SI unit for distance.
5. 89 Mega Joules can also be expressed as _____
a) 8900 Joules
b) 89000000 Joules
c) 89000 Joules
d) 890000 Joules
Explanation: 1 Mega Joule = 1000000 Joules. Therefore 89 Mega Joules = 89000000 Joules.
6. Convert 5 N to Dynes.
a) 500000 Dynes
b) 500 Dynes
c) 5 Dynes
d) 0.5 Dynes
Explanation: One Newton equals to 100000 Dynes, hence 5 N equal to 500000 Dynes. Dyne is unit of force in the CGS system.
7. Which of the following is not a system of units?
Explanation: MKS stands for meter-kilogram-second. CGS stands for centimeter-gram-second. SI stands for System international. Decibel is a unit of sound intensity.
8. What does a Voltmeter measure?
Explanation: A voltmeter is used for measuring voltage. An ammeter is used for measuring current. A combination of both can be used to determine the resistance in a simple circuit.
9. What is the unit of measurement of solid angles?
Explanation: AS plane angles are measured in radians, in the same way solid angles are measured in steradians. A solid angle can be interpreted as the 3-dimensional form of a plane angle.
10. Which of the following system matches with the SI unit system?
d) American system
Explanation: The MKS system uses the same fundamental units as the SI system. It uses meter for distance, kilogram for mass, and second for time. These are all present as fundamental units in the SI system.
11. Which of the following is a unit of temperature?
Explanation: Fahrenheit is the unit for temperature. Other units include Celsius and Kelvin.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice Physics Exam Questions for NEET Exam, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10